Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30 ford 2.0 Ecoboost

I was wondering what the opinions are on running ESP in ford 2.0 Ecoboost in a new maverick and a new ford edge. It seems this oil would be perfect for the engine.

I was looking for the best oil to use to avoid having to use the warranty. Some of the European spec oils like this seem to address many of the issues that seem to hinder the Ecoboost engines. European manufactures have been doing small turbo engines a lot longer than the Big Three. Was just wondering if the engine would be better protected and last longer with this type of protection. id sacrifice .1 mpg for better protection if that's the only difference.

What does Ford require in order to keep the warranty intact?
They call for a 5W30 but allow for a 0W30 (usually). As long as it meets the WSS-M2C963-A1 spec, which apparently isn't that strict of a specification.
Screenshot 2022-12-13 201143.jpg

I was looking for the best oil to use to avoid having to use the warranty. Some of the European spec oils like this seem to address many of the issues that seem to hinder the Ecoboost engines. European manufactures have been doing small turbo engines a lot longer than the Big Three. Was just wondering if the engine would be better protected and last longer with this type of protection. id sacrifice .1 mpg for better protection if that's the only difference.
The "Big 3" have been making turbo'd engines for years in EU before they saw this side of the pond. The main reason Americans don't take care of cars and we like displacement better so they never were profitable to now. I also would be negligent if I didn't mention Turbo Dodge's, GM's various I4 & V6 plants, and Ford's I4 variants from years long gone.

The "Big 3" have been making turbo'd engines for years in EU before they saw this side of the pond. The main reason Americans don't take care of cars and we like displacement better so they never were profitable to now. I also would be negligent if I didn't mention Turbo Dodge's, GM's various I4 & V6 plants, and Ford's I4 variants from years long gone.
Early 90’s - guy here had that little GM truck with the turbo 4.3L … that woke a few on turbo enhancement

According to this tech, not really.
And who knows if the redesigned head will hold up with the updated tiny coolant passages.
The updated blocks are quite robust. They have been around in various forms for quite some time. Even the older versions can often hold up for 250k miles.

Reactions: pbm
I stayed within the company specs and went with Valvoline extended 5w30 and Fram ultra filter. Maybe the high moly will be good for breakin.
the oil really stunk strong with gas and it only had 800 miles
thank you for the advice

Old thread, I like this oil. Why does the Mobil 1 ESP not have ASE support? I don't this oil having any North American automakers blessing.
No Chrysler specs.
No Ford specs
No GM specs
No Dexos specs.
I agree I think very good oil. I have come to find just about anything that carries the Mercedes-Benz blessing is darn good stuff. They seem to be very stringent.

I've created and commented before in another thread.
I really like the Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil. It's hard to find on a shelf in store but Walmart.com sells it and it's reasonable price.

Old thread, I like this oil. Why does the Mobil 1 ESP not have ASE support? I don't this oil having any North American automakers blessing.
No Chrysler specs.
No Ford specs
No GM specs
No Dexos specs.

I agree I think very good oil. I have come to find just about anything that carries the Mercedes-Benz blessing is darn good stuff. They seem to be very stringent.

I've created and commented before in another thread.
I really like the Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil. It's hard to find on a shelf in store but Walmart.com sells it and it's reasonable price.
None of those things you mention are the intended market for this product. if someone wants those that then ExxonMobil sells a bunch of other products for those.

Back