Mobil 1 changes recommended oil

Regular 0w-20 Mobil1 EP has wrong picture, they show 0w-20 HM EP picture. Its just a wrong picture, the description does not say high milage if its under 75k

I would defer to owner's manual first and last.
Even then, I typically go one viscosity grade higher than recommended especially if the recommendation is xW20.

as much as I love M1 EP 10W-30, I would never pay attention to what oil company websites say or suggest.

I use Mobil 1EP as originally recommended by Mobil on their site in Jan 2022. I checked yesterday and Mobil has now changed their recommendation to Mobil 1EP high mileage. This for a 2021 MAZDA turbo. I'm trying to understand why the change? Ed

curious what your OM recommends?

I would think for small turbo engines one of these Euro oils with bells and whistles may not be a bad idea.
I like M1 EP and use it often but if I had a small high revving turbo, I would consider the Euro oils like M1 FS Euro 0W-40 over M1 EP definitely after some research though.

Mobil Oil's website has changed it's recommendations...for my CTS V-Sport it is recommended to use Mobil 1 EP as it has before but the two oils recommended after are Mobil Full Synthetic and Mobil Super Synthetic...if you click on the more oils it then lists Mobil 1 regular full synthetic...this is quite a change from before and I suspect not only is Mobil's site not worth it's recommendations but that Dexos 1 Gen 3 may have something to do with it...but who knows...

...and as for the over 75K miles for High Mileage, you DO have to check that box, the site will not automatically give you that so if they recommend High Mileage I would want to know why as well as the OP'er...

including filters...I've put on this Forum before that Mobil apparently no longer makes a filter they recommend for my car despite making the filter they recommended for my car 6 months ago...who knows why and Mobil has never given me an answer beyond telling me they would consult Mann+Hummel and get back to me...it has been 5 months with no further response or answers to my emailing them again...

Bill

curious what your OM recommends?

I would think for small turbo engines one of these Euro oils with bells and whistles may not be a bad idea.
I like M1 EP and use it often but if I had a small high revving turbo, I would consider the Euro oils like M1 FS Euro 0W-40 over M1 EP definitely after some research though.
M1 0W-40 is not a great choice for small, high-revving turbocharged engines if they're GDI (LSPI, intake tract deposits).

ESP is a better choice if it's a small TGDI.

I use Mobil 1EP as originally recommended by Mobil on their site in Jan 2022. I checked yesterday and Mobil has now changed their recommendation to Mobil 1EP high mileage. This for a 2021 MAZDA turbo. I'm trying to understand why the change? Ed
TURBO would be my thinking

Their oil finder is whack. For what ever reasons (too old, assumed extinct or never existed?), their Oil Finder:
  • Doesn't list the "Acura" brand, pre-1990.
  • For model year 1998, doesn't show the LS400 in the model drop down list.
  • For model year 1968, it shows only Ford and Pontiac in the make drop down list.
Perhaps they think that the vehicles that don't show up in their oil finder are niche markets and those owners default is RP?

Back