Mobil 1 75w-140 with SuperSyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hey that's great - BMW among an increasing # of makers seem to be specing 75W140 synthetic for rearends - good to see some OTC options out there.

I've never seen this in my area (TX) but I'll keep an eye out but I did happen to see some synthetic 75W140 from Coastal Unilube of all brands at autozone recently. Interetingly enough - no mention of it at their website coastalunilube.com.

Any thoughts on Coastal Unilube synthetic gear oils?

So why is it again that they are going towards 75W140 and away from 75W90 or SAE90 or whatever in rear ends? Certainly not economy I would guess... Noise? Protection?

thanks,

quote:

Originally posted by pgtr:
I've never seen this in my area (TX) but I'll keep an eye out but I did happen to see some synthetic 75W140 from Coastal Unilube of all brands at autozone recently. Interetingly enough - no mention of it at their website coastalunilube.com.

Any thoughts on Coastal Unilube synthetic gear oils?

Hey pg, I saw the same jugs down at AutoZone the other day, but the only synthetic gear oil I saw was Mobil 75W90. And they had a lot of Coastal lubes there, including Coastal 75W140. The only thing weird about the 75W140 weight stuff is you can slosh it around in the jug easily. You'd think 140W would be a little thicker.

I bought a case of the Coastal Mercon V to flush out the transmission on my Ranger and it works fine. No complaints there
cool.gif

Just an FYI... The Coastal Unilube synthetic 75W140 I saw the other day at AZone has PURPLE letters on it's black bottle. I checked their website and they didn't list it there interestingly enough.

thanks,

[ September 22, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: pgtr ]

The specs of the Mobil 1 75w-140 are on par with Amsoil but the M1 has a higher Flash Point. Anyone know how much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back