Mobil 1 10W-40 4T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some times it is better to be lucky than good. I went down to the local WM to buy a gallon of Delo 15W-40 HDEO, they had it for $8.50, to do my semi-annual change on the Bonneville. Been using Rotella but you can't beat the price. While poking around in the oil section I found a 6qt case of The Mobil 1 4T 10W-40 that was stuck behind some car oil. My local store clearanced the last of their cycle oil months ago. I got it at the clearance price of $6.99 a qt. Got a couple of gallons of the Delo for the pickup. Both prices I couldn't pass up. Pays to poke around sometimes. I continue to be surprised that WM stores in close proximity have such divergent stock. My home town store has no cycle section while a store 15 miles away, admittedly a much larger store, continues to have a cycle section in automotive. They only carry Castrol dino 4T oil though.

Yeah, I recently found some of the older SuperTech 15w40 (CI+) hidden behind the newer CJ-4 bottles. The older stuff being the 'good stuff', I scooped them up immediately.

My wife knew then that I was nuts. Thanks BITOG....

CI being better than CJ is an internet myth based on misunderstanding of oil formulation IMHO. CJ oil is fine, if not a better product.

I was down to my last two quarts of M1 4T and NEEDED four quarts for the oil change..... the only other thing I had in my stash was two quarts of Delvac 15W-40 so I figured what the heck and mixed them 50/50. Synthetic blend, eh?

The shift quality with the 4T was good but I think it' even better mixed 50/50 with the Delvac.

I would like to try the Delo but (cheap guy that I am) never find it on sale.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wileyE
CI being better than CJ is an internet myth based on misunderstanding of oil formulation IMHO. CJ oil is fine, if not a better product.

Yeah, I have about 35 gallons of RTS 5-40 that I scarfed at Sam's for about $11/gal back when CJ was just coming out and the 'Net was rampant with reports that it was inferior to CI-4+.
27.gif

Yeah, but the SuperTech CI-4+ had a much stouter add-pack than the current version - that's the only reason I (and some others on here) prefer it to the new mix.

On the other brands this probably wouldn't apply.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Scooter_man
Yeah, but the SuperTech CI-4+ had a much stouter add-pack than the current version - that's the only reason I (and some others on here) prefer it to the new mix.

On the other brands this probably wouldn't apply.

The ST CI4 was an outstanding oil in sunruh's testing in his bikes it held up extremely well,give me CI4 anyday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back