Castrol 4T M/C Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Anyone here use either the Castrol "Actevo" 10W-40 Part Synthetic 4T or the Castrol "POWER 1" 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic?

I'm looking for something to replace the conventional Valvoline 4-stroke 10W-40 M/C oil I've been using, and it seems to be getting harder to find at Walmart. Would be running this in my XSR900 and Hayabusa, and wondering if the Castrol is better than the conventional Valvoline. I can get the Castrol "Actevo" for the same price as the conventional Valvoline.

Any good or bad experiences with these Castrol oils?

I've used them, they are fine. But there are better performing choices IME.

Motul 300V 4T is still my favorite simply for how the bikes run and shift.

Yes the quart bottles of Actevo is getting hard to find at Walmart, I'm currently running it in my Ninja 650 and I like it a lot better than the Kawasaki conventional oil that I used to break it in with. I have a lot of the Power 1 that I had bought on sale from both Advance & Autozone but haven't had the chance to use it yet. The Valvoline synthetic is also a good oil when you can find it on sale, there is a Super Walmart in my area that did stock it so I bought what they had on the shelf but haven't returned to see if they've re-stocked it. Walmart has their Super Tech motorcycle oil's on the shelf now but almost the the same cost as the Valvoline and is cheaper than Mobil 1.

Advance started to carry Shell Motorcycle oil but it's $12.99 qt, I'd like to try it but Mobil 1 is cheaper and I've stocked up on about everything else. I even have some Kawasaki oil leftover that I'll use in my old Briggs just to get rid of it.

Last edited:
I used a crankcase full of Actevo once. It worked about as expected. I was using it for a short duration as a ‘rinse,' though, so I can't comment on longer-duration shift performance.

Basically, I wasn't unhappy with it in the VF-750 Magna, but in my ‘main' bike (I sold the VF) I still use Red Line.

Originally Posted by Merek
Yes the quart bottles of Actevo is getting hard to find at Walmart, I'm currently running it in my Ninja 650 and I like it a lot better than the Kawasaki conventional oil that I used to break it in with. I have a lot of the Power 1 that I had bought on sale from both Advance & Autozone but haven't had the chance to use it yet. The Valvoline synthetic is also a good oil when you can find it on sale, there is a Super Walmart in my area that did stock it so I bought what they had on the shelf but haven't returned to see if they've re-stocked it. Walmart has their Super Tech motorcycle oil's on the shelf now but almost the the same cost as the Valvoline and is cheaper than Mobil 1.

Advance started to carry Shell Motorcycle oil but it's $12.99 qt, I'd like to try it but Mobil 1 is cheaper and I've stocked up on about everything else. I even have some Kawasaki oil leftover that I'll use in my old Briggs just to get rid of it.

Ships to store for free and is in stock frequently .. FYI
https://www.walmart.com/ip/2CG62RFX...p;registryId=undefined&selected=true

Yeah I've seen that too but almost always out of stock like it is now, that's also 15w50 which is mainly for air cooled Ducati's, my bike calls for 10w40 like most water cooled.

The Shell 10w40 is $10.22 qt at Walmart, I can buy two of the Actevo in gallon jugs for that so for almost the same amount of money I can have 2x the oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back