Mobil 1 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a new oil to me anyway at Wally World, its Mobil 1 0w-30 never saw it before, is this new, has anyone used it?

What is the API rating for this new-found oil?
Reason I ask is that I used M1 0W-30 in our Aerostar 3.0 for years, and I thought it had been discontinued.
Did you happen across some old oil, or does the 0W-30 still exist?

Yeah, I've seen the M1 0/30 on the shelves at our Walmart for several months now. Never really thought too much of it.

Quote:

Yeah, I've seen the M1 0/30 on the shelves at our Walmart for several months now. Never really thought too much of it.

Well its the first time Ive seen it and I'm always browsing the oil isl at wall mart, always see the 0w-40 that everyone says it shears, I'll check the rating and date code next time. I also saw cases of it at the local NAPA.

Quote:

They don't seem to have it on their website
Well thair canadian website atleast

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_0W-30.aspx

It's been on the shelves in this part of the USA for at least the last 3-4 years; which is weird if you think about it. We have absolutely no need for 0w30 oils in Alabama, but the stores around here carry plenty of it.

About a year ago, most stores that carry it sold out of the API SL version. It's all SM now.

I wonder if this is a primarily PAO oil?

Some Wal-marts dropped the 0W-30 to make room for the 0W-40.
I like the 0/30 my self, but they stopped carring it about the time I was going to buy some.
Bummer.
Will get some soon if it's available around here.

Quote:

Quote:

They don't seem to have it on their website
Well thair canadian website atleast

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_0W-30.aspx

It's been on the shelves in this part of the USA for at least the last 3-4 years; which is weird if you think about it. We have absolutely no need for 0w30 oils in Alabama, but the stores around here carry plenty of it.

About a year ago, most stores that carry it sold out of the API SL version. It's all SM now.

I wonder if this is a primarily PAO oil?

Japanese Mobil 1 website list it as such.

I've used Mobil 1 0W-30 for the past year. Excellent oil.
thumbsup.gif

I like it better than other viscosites of Mobil 1 I've used.

It is weird how XOM markets and makes its products availiable between Canada and the US (and I'm sure other areas....)

Canada used to get 0W-30 M1, now we just get 0W-40; but good luck getting it anywhere but specialty/speed shops. you can still find 'a bit' of 0W-30 leftover at Esso gas stations, but be ready to pay $11/litre for it!

We get EP, but it is ONLY avaliable at Canadian Tire....

We don't get ANY of the dino's or blends (5000/7500)...

We don't get the M1 HM at all.....

We get 5W-20 M1, but not 0W-20.....

Thats whats availiable both on the site, and in stores...except for the observation about M1 EP, all those availiablities are form the M1 site....

ya, it drives me nuts when i go down to the sates and see what they have on the shelves in the automotive stores and automotive departments of big stores like Walmart. we get such worse selection and such higher prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back