Mobil 0W20 - Seven Different Flavors

But if I only drive my car for up to 5k miles a year, as I said, why would I want to spend more for an oil that's designed to run up to 20k miles?
It's good for up to 20k miles, but it sounds like with only putting 5k a year on the car you're mostly doing short trips which is typically harder on oil so using a higher quality oil if you want a long drain may be a better idea, it's not like EP is much more expensive than AFE anyways, when they had the rebates going it was pretty much the same price, since it's was$2 more a jug for EP at walmart, who typically has the best price on M1, and the rebate for EP was $2 more than plain Mobil1.

Which flavor would be the best for my 2012 Prius c2 with 112k miles on it?
Would that be the Advanced Fuel Economy. the HM, or the M1 Super?
I drive up to 5k miles a year and would like to do one OCI per year these days.

I'd go with any of those M1 oils, whichever is cheaper. The Super is not an M1 and is a lower tier. It would be fine, but it isn't my cup of tea.

Just my humble 2 cents.

Just browsing the Mobil1 site and it appears they have a bunch of 0w20 varieties:

Mobil 1™ Extended Performance 0W-20​

Up to 20,000 miles of outstanding wear protection – guaranteed.

Mobil 1™ ESP X2 0W-20​

Helps prolong the life and maintain the efficiency of emission systems in new, emerging diesel and gasoline powered European vehicles. An advanced full synthetic motor oil.

Mobil 1™ Truck & SUV 0W-20​

Extra protection for hardworking truck and SUV gasoline engines.

Mobil 1™ 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy​

Outstanding engine protection and potential fuel economy benefits.

Mobil 1™ Extended Performance High Mileage 0W-20​

Up to 20,000 miles of outstanding wear protection for high mileage vehicles – guaranteed.

Mobil 1™ High Mileage 0W-20​

Vehicles with more than 75,000 miles need extra care. Keep them on the road with Mobil 1™ High Mileage 0W-20 synthetic motor oil.

Mobil Super™ Synthetic 0W-20​

Provides long engine life and outstanding protection in vehicles of all ages. A full synthetic motor oil.

Too bad we can't see the specifics of these in terms of some of the elements in them. I'd be curious as to how the ESP X2 compares to the Extended Performance High Mileage for example. The X2 is an extended drain oil, too. And then there is 0w-20 Advanced Fuel Economy? I thought that's what 0w-20 was about anyway?
How long until they have their Dexos Diesel 0W-20D ready?

Which flavor would be the best for my 2012 Prius c2 with 112k miles on it?
Would that be the Advanced Fuel Economy. the HM, or the M1 Super?
I drive up to 5k miles a year and would like to do one OCI per year these days.
But if I only drive my car for up to 5k miles a year, as I said, why would I want to spend more for an oil that's designed to run up to 20k miles?
That’s the issue when asking for the “best” oil, as the word best doesn’t directly translate into an obvious oil selection.

The best oil chemistry or the best oil value ?

EP is probably the best oil by design with its high PAO content, but it’s very doubtful that it will make any difference to your car with the way you typically use it. So then if AFE is a dollar or two cheaper, then it’s probably the best value as you get the same end result as a owner-driver for slightly less money.

Take it the next obvious step, and you could easily run SuperTech synthetic for even less money and also the same end result as a typical car owner-driver.

The hard to ask question is, which one will make my engine last the longest, get the best mpgs and prevent tire wear? Oh ,, and I have this car I just bought and it burns oil and the engine is really sludged up so which one would clean up the engine the best and stop thew oil burning?

Back