Mobil 0W-30 @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using it because of the warranty I know in my climate 5W-30 will work just the same but it calls for 0-30
You think the dealer is frankly ever going to run the Lab work to figure out weather it was 0W-30 or 5W-30 frankly after a couple thousand mile on the oil the average Lab is like not going to figure it out!

I just ordered 3 jugs of Mobil 1, 10W-40 High Mileage Full Synthetic. Coming on the 10th. Amazon said, "Normally Ships In 1 To 2 MONTHS" for the same thing. Plus it was over $50.00 @ jug!
I was ready to restock with Shaeffer 0w20 oil for one of my cars. I went to the Shaeffer site and it was going to cost me almost $30 in shipping costs. I stopped and just for the heck went onto Amazon.com to compare. I found a case of the same oil for very similar price with one exception. The seller offered free shipping. I placed that order and in less than 5 days my box arrived from FedX. So that worked out fine. Amsoil usually gives free shipping ONLY if you spend $100 on your order.

You think the dealer is frankly ever going to run the Lab work to figure out weather it was 0W-30 or 5W-30 frankly after a couple thousand mile on the oil the average Lab is like not going to figure it out!
With all the trouble Hyundai has had with engine warrantees I keep all my receipts to show when it was purchased

I've had to present all of my oil change receipts to GM for a blown up Ecotec 2.4L. They wanted to see the oil and filters I had used since it was timing chain related failure.

I was ready to restock with Shaeffer 0w20 oil for one of my cars. I went to the Shaeffer site and it was going to cost me almost $30 in shipping costs. I stopped and just for the heck went onto Amazon.com to compare. I found a case of the same oil for very similar price with one exception. The seller offered free shipping. I placed that order and in less than 5 days my box arrived from FedX. So that worked out fine. Amsoil usually gives free shipping ONLY if you spend $100 on your order.

My 3 jugs of Mobil 1, 10W-40 are also coming with, "free shipping". As did my 5 jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Shipping oil is a lot like shipping ammunition. The weight is a killer. Free shipping is all but a must for it to be worth it.

I've had to present all of my oil change receipts to GM for a blown up Ecotec 2.4L. They wanted to see the oil and filters I had used since it was timing chain related failure.
Well I guess you know they'll never sell you a new car. They could have got that information off the cars computer they were screwing with you! It just wouldn't have told them the filter name or specific Oil type!

As someone seeking new work a lot of these jobs are ******** and lie about what they pay to get you into an interview, or lie about the hours. I've been on multiple interviews where they promise full time work and then "Well that's after 6 months, if things work out". I've heard things like we pay UP TO X, but this location pays Y. Then you have the boat load of companies who just fish for resumes to see what is out there and aren't hiring. This was going on long before the labor shortage. Some of those listings have been on job boards for literal YEARS. Not to mention working somewhere that is understaffed is usually a total slog, or something was screwed up enough to cause them leave in the first place. Some local places around here have burned through the town's workforce and are known as bad employers. We all know it, and have heard about it, so we know to avoid them.

I can get interviews all day, but rarely are they what they position was for, the location applied to, the pay rate advertised, the amount of hours advertised, or even the shift. They act confused when you don't want to work at another location an hour away during a different shift, in a totally different position.

A lot of places need to learn what a job description is as well. I'm sick of doing 3 different jobs I never agreed to and we never talked about. As soon as I hear "many hats", "rock star", "highly adaptable" I'm out. I've been there and done that. Until you get blasted for not answering an email promptly because you were taking the office TRASH out it seems crazy. I'm also sick of answering to a handful of different management who can't figure out what they want. Some places you can't even do your job because everyone wants it done different from the boss down. The right way depends on who is around you that day.

Some of the jobs suck too, being screamed at by customers all day is beat. It's not worth it. You are a captive audience and after a few months it does really bad stuff to your head. You can't say anything because corporate will fire you and send them a coupon with a letter about how sorry they are. I interviewed for one position to replace someone that hasn't even been fired yet. They told me they planned to fire him in my interview. No thanks! The general public is really screwed up and mean right now, and I've been working with them for most of my adult life. I had people trying to fight me in the parking lot over mask policies at one point. What do you want to pay someone to deal with that? Guess what? They didn't do anything to those kind of people.

A lot of people who don't have to work aren't right now because its just not worth it. I have a lot of friends with dual income who just cut back and someone isn't working. This isn't a conspiracy a lot of places are miserably out of touch and will fail or have to adapt. It's not that people don't want to work, its that its not worth doing for what they offer. When you look at how much you might be able to cut back on, its not a crazy idea. If anything it's more boring than anything else.

I don't have kids, but I know the cost of child care for both parents to work meets or exceeds what you can make at some of these jobs part time. What's the point of working just to cram it back into child care? Would you pay 50 - 100 bucks a week to spend time with your kids if you could verses working? I spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up so my parents could both work full time. If they weren't around not sure how that would have worked.

I'm going through an interview process right now and I'm carefully watching for red flags.
I doubt this will make you feel any better, but I recently accepted a six-fig, 9-year, gov't contract position in a highly technical Radio Frequency (RF) engineering role. I took an unpaid week off and start the new position next Monday. Given my excellent fit, this should take me out to retirement, if my health is maintained.

If you have desirable skills, experience, and a willingness to work, you will be hired and well-compensated. Employers are clamoring for folks at all levels -- not just entry and or blue-collar -- but both civilian and government employers need technicians, engineers, and project and general managers by the thousands.

As for national oil and gas needs, the current supply chain issues -- of which many involve employee shortages -- are a real problem. God bless our nation's transportation and or logistics industries' men and women. They are needed now, more than ever before. Unfinished and finished products need delivered.

I'm all for safety, but I do believe divine intervention is needed to address burdensome governmental regulation of these industries as well. The "regulation pendulum" has swung to far in one direction and is not currently favoring the public or the majority of businesses.

Last edited:
There was a bunch of 0w-30 advanced economy m1 at my walmart this weekend. Valvoline, pennzoil, and the more regular viscocity mobil 1 selection was slim pickings. I dont think they even had any synthetic pennzoil on the shelves

Not sure of your location but meijers in my area have great oil availability, filters not so much.

Has Walmart stopped carrying Mobil Advanced Fuel Economy 0W-30 or is there a shortage? Every store with in 100 miles is out and they are out of stock online.
I can't speak to that specific oil question, but my local Walmarts were all out of Rotella RT6 for a few weeks. I managed to score a gallon of 15w-40 RT6 last weekend. It also seems to me that many Mobil1 products were out of stock a few weeks ago. These appear to be supply chain issues, but don't worry friends because Biden is on this (LOL.)

I can't speak to that specific oil question, but my local Walmarts were all out of Rotella RT6 for a few weeks. I managed to score a gallon of 15w-40 RT6 last weekend. It also seems to me that many Mobil1 products were out of stock a few weeks ago. These appear to be supply chain issues, but don't worry friends because Biden is on this (LOL.)
ONE THING our Walmart is stocked up to full shelves is motor oil. The empty shelves are mostly in the food sections.

ONE THING our Walmart is stocked up to full shelves is motor oil. The empty shelves are mostly in the food sections.
The local market seems to be an important factor in the lack of products. I have four walmart superstores within 15 miles of my house, and each has its own issues. One has shelves full of motor oil but virtually no spray paint or household cleaners. The next store constantly runs out of coffee and bread products but most other stuff is stocked. The third store has limited fruit and veg. The last has ample food but barren oil shelves and household stuff.

Sure a lot of talk about politics, immigration issues and alien abductions in this thread…
Aliens and politics aside, some of us are getting creative concerning the procurement of certain favorite oil-related products. It's obtrusiveness and plainly unnecessary.

From the BITOG Standard of Conduct section:

Do not initiate conversations and/or discuss materials concerning the following topics: Religion, Sex, Politics (RSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back