Mobi Jet Oil - VOA

Just for fun I found this on the Russian Oil Club site.

All ester based. Oxidation reading - 219.5, which is what I'd expect.

1680620130956.png

1680620183376.png

1680620214191.png
1680620130956.jpg
1680620183376.jpg
1680620214191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That oxidation reading is wild isn't it.
It's pretty clear to me that virgin oxidation value does give you some idea of the ester component.

• Mobil Jet Oil: Virgin Oxidation 219 (100% POE)
  • Valvoline Premium Restore: Virgin Oxidation 110 (stated to be 50% POE BY Valvoline)
  • Red Line: Virgin Oxidation (90-134) (Dave Granquist said up to 40% in some grades; I'm guessing 20-40% range)
  • Amsoil: Virgin Oxidation (47-50)
  • Mobil 1 ESP: Virgin Oxidation (38)
  • Mobil 1 EP: Virgin Oxidation (B] (suspected AN's don't show up similarly)

As you can see, the amount of ester correlates very closely with virgin oxidation reading. It's not 100% accurate, but pretty **** close. It also matches what the Russian oil folks and Spanish YT channel have stated.

*Dave G. sealed it for me when he told me approximately how much is used in some grades (up to 40%)(RL's oxidation values range from 90-134).

I just realized I posted a VOA of this before.

Last edited:
Yes, it appears this oil has total POE. It's probably Russian sourced oil (cheap to buy) so it may be hard to obtain at the moment but that may not be anyone's issue. I believe aeroplane oils have good quality base oils. I think that's how amsoil got their start in reselling oils (They saw the high quality oils being used there & applied it to vehicles). I wonder what the cost of these oils are as I have no clue. If pockets were deep it would be interesting to see repetitive UOA on an old vehicle running long ODI. lol

Greater than >30 (Percentage %)? They state 50% on another sheet? If you've seen it I'll take your word for it. Just curious

Just dug up this pdf on this restore oil
It is not 100% accurate because there are so many different esters, but the numbers I have posted match up extremely well to the point that it's hard to say otherwise IMO.

I can try and find the Valvoline Restore article that mentions that it's 50% POE.

Here is the patent for it:

20% PAO
50% polyol ester (POE)
10% alkylated naphthalene (AN)
0% viscosity-index improver (VII)
20% additive package

I have 3 gals of Valvoline "Restore" I plan to use on one or more of my high mileage gasoline engines. Here's a UOA I found.
I'll send a virgin sample in for a baseline when the time comes.
View attachment 148606
Wow, that’s a pretty big drop in fuel%… was there any significant change in usage? If not, that (to me, at least) would be a pretty powerful signal that the rings weren’t sealing very well prior to Restore, and then your longest run listed also has the least fuel?

Wow, that’s a pretty big drop in fuel%… was there any significant change in usage? If not, that (to me, at least) would be a pretty powerful signal that the rings weren’t sealing very well prior to Restore, and then your longest run listed also has the least fuel?
You might be on to something here...But if they run it again under the same situation & it comes back at 4% it's not working very good or it's another mechanical issue. lol

What are the chances that Mobil Jet Oil shows a virgin oxidation reading of 219, Valvoline states their Restore oil is 50% POE and has an oxidation reading of 110 and Dave G. from Redline said they use up to 40% in some grades with RL oxidation figures ranging from 90-134.

That report is not about anything I own. It's a report I found on the interweb somewhere? I don't know who it belongs too?

It is not 100% accurate because there are so many different esters, but the numbers I have posted match up extremely well to the point that it's hard to say otherwise IMO.

I can try and find the Valvoline Restore article that mentions that it's 50% POE.

Here is the patent for it:

20% PAO
50% polyol ester (POE)
10% alkylated naphthalene (AN)
0% viscosity-index improver (VII)
20% additive package
Here are the Priolube 1973 specs mentioned in the patent.

Back