MMO or Lucas UCL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering using either Marvel Mystery Oil or Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant at each fill up to help combat the notorious Suburban fuel pump failure. The PO already had the fuel pump replaced and I do not want to have to replace it as well, if it can be avoided.

Is one significantly better than the other? The 32 oz. Lucas bottle is twice the price of the same sized MMO and both should treat the same number of gallons, so if there is no considerable difference, I will just go with the MMO.

Thanks for the advice. That gives me about twice the bang for my buck.

With it being straight oil, will it foul up anything else or interfere with combustion? While I'm not looking for better mpg or any significant fuel injector cleaning out of the MMO or LUCL, some have reported such and I don't want to miss out on any of those benefits and possibly screw things up with a misuse of a two stroke oil.

Not just any two stroke oil. You need to use tc-w3 rated oil @ 1oz per 5 gallons of gasoline. No fouling of anything at the correct ratio
thumbsup2.gif

For purely lubrication, 2 stroke oil is way better than those others.
I will never use or recommend the Lucas stuff again for anything.
It is motor oil with some detergent.

One more thing... deposits in the engine are really good with proper TCW3 2 stroke oil. It burns clean.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
I would go with MMO or supertech TCW-3 2 stoke oil.

Both good choices for adding to fuel. Just watch the TCW3 dose, it can foul plugs. Other than that TCW3 is a great addition to fuel.

i have been using MMO for about 3 decades, no trouble. iam NOT saying the others are bad. my truck starts VERY fast. i use 4 oz in 10 gal gas. take a look at www.ampcolubes.com they have top cylinder lubricators. like the old MMO upper oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back