MMO in fuel for "new engine break in", help/hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: JoeWGauss
If you put MMO in your engine during the warranty period of your new car, you have a good chance of having any engine related issue DENIED warranty coverage by the manufacturer.

Can't say you haven't been warned!

DO NOT USE MMO DURING THE TIME YOUR NEW CAR WARRANTY IS IN EFFECT!

I don't know of anyone who has been denied a warranty claim due to MMO.

Do you have any examples of this?

I don't think they void a warranty claim either, remember this thread is about MMO in the fuel, at a rate of 4 ounces/10 gallons of gas. Would they even look at the gas for a warranty claim? Different fuels come with different additives I think they'd have a heck of a time finding it, let alone looking for it, in the fuel that is. They might check for water, diesel, lead, and proper octane, but..........................

+1

Originally Posted By: steve20
so, what do you say OP---are you going to use it in your new ride or not?

OK..an 'update'. I DID put 4oz of MMO in the 5gal tank of my new BMW R1200R motorcycle. I ran it half empty and filled up (just gas) and did that several times. Now I am at 700miles with just about GAS ONLY in the tank and no issues, warranty or otherwise to report.

In these first 700 miles I have burned about 1/2 quart of the sump oil as well. MMO not 100% to blame as these BMW DOHC boxer engines burn a bit of oil for the first 10 or even 20 thousand miles.

Originally Posted By: Quest
Originally Posted By: Junior96Stang
Originally Posted By: Eddie
My owners manual states the NOTHING should be added to the oil or gas-period. I believe the factory.

But the oil, and gas manufactures are adding them behind close doors. That's no difference of what you get off the shelf.

@Junior96Stang: any proofs?

Q.

Shell adds Nitrogen, Chevron adds something called Oronite?

Originally Posted By: Quest
Originally Posted By: Eddie
My owners manual states the NOTHING should be added to the oil or gas-period. I believe the factory.

But the oil, and gas manufactures are adding them behind close doors. That's no difference of what you get off the shelf.

@Junior96Stang: any proofs?

Q.

Shell adds Nitrogen, Chevron adds something called Oronite?

They don't add it secretly, which is what "behind closed doors" implies.

What I think he means is do you have any proof that there is "no difference of what you get off the shelf."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back