MMO in fuel for 2-stroke equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used MMO in their Fuel/Oil mixture in 2-stroke equipment, specifically a Shindaiwa T-230 string trimmer?

I usually use another dose of Sta-Bil in the fuel, but I'm wondering if the engine wouldn't benefit from some MMO.

i know i've used it in them, no apparent problems, of course i don't have to use stabilizer, the oil already has a fuel stabilizer in it.

I have added it to my two-stroke mix for my
weedwacker and snow blower. It really
seems to keep the carbs clean and exhaust
ports from plugging up. Lets my two strokes
really scream

i mix it will all my two-strokes.a little shot per gallon.bubba0420 is right-it keeps the carb and ports clean.i mix mobil 2T at 32:1 with MMO and works great.

I have a 2-Stroke Ice Auger that I'll be drilling holes whan it's 15 below Zero this weekend.

Would it help if I put in MMO, and the same mixture or a little more...?

I don't think it would help by much, or at all for cold starts, I'd just let it warm up before its put to use.

If mixing to 40:1 in a 1 gallon container... how much MMO should be added? Mix to 40:1 then add MMO or use MMO to obtain the 40:1 ratio. Thanks!

MMO isn't to be used in place of the oil, mix the oil, then MMO, I use about one or two ounces.

thanks 80caprice... I'm going to mix up a fresh gallon with an oz. or 2 of MMO today. We've got 10-12" of snow coming tonight/tomorrow so the old blower will get a good run of MMO through it. I've been using it in autos regularly and hadn't thought of small engine equipment.

I've been using MMO for 40 years in every engine I've had. I have a larger gas can that only has MMO in it, and a smaller can that I gas up from that larger can and then add the 2 cycle oil to. When regular oil burns, what's left behind is not a lubricant. When MMO burns what's left behind is a lubricating film.

Wouldn't substitute it for oil in the premix ratio, only mention it because some of mmos data said you can go like 10% or something. Wouldn't go there IMO. I'd just use the label fuel treat rate, maybe a little more, won't hurt anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back