MMO+2 stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just started using MMO+TCW3 2 stroke oil.
Have been using just MMO and got 15 mpg.
Just started mixing the stroke in, I'll keep you posted on MPG and how well it runs.
Now it's non synthetic TCW3 oil, but I just got a jug of Pennzoil marine full synthetis ester based oil. When I finish the other, I'll start on it.
I poured some out just to see what it looks like, and what a horrid smell!! I actually gagged from it while pouring.
So it is different, the regular oil didn't smell bad at all.
No I don't sniff oil!
Isn't ester supposed to be more slippery than regular oil?
I got this idea from Sarge at the LS1 board, there's a post about it further down.

It doesn't matter if it's synth or not so long as it's TC-W3. I use the Super Tech myself.

I was mixing the two to get rid of some leftover TCW3 oil I had, and got flamed for mixing it by a few BITOG'ers. I'm thick skinned though, and odds are these guys never used either product.

I don't think you'll have any problems at all, however be careful of OD'ing the engine. I've found TCW3 can really cut mileage and MPG's if too much of it is used. 1 oz/ 5 gallons of gas is all the TCW3 you'll need. MMO is mixed at twice that amount, so it you use the two together adjust the dosage accordingly. I've tested both products as stand alone, and keep going back to MMO. JMO

so does that mean that adding 2oz TCW3 per 10 gallons gasoline in a 4 stroke automobile engine is a good thing? because TCW3 is cheaper than MMO, especially if you only need one half the amount.

The 2 cycle oil might help as a valve lubricant but it doesn't have much in the way od solvency.
MMO is part solvents, that's how it cleans fuel systems and injectors/carbs.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
The 2 cycle oil might help as a valve lubricant but it doesn't have much in the way od solvency.
MMO is part solvents, that's how it cleans fuel systems and injectors/carbs.

TC-W3 has a lot of solvents in it. Some have as much as 60% solvents.

I just bought a jug of Pennzoil full synthetic outboard oil, TCW3 and i put 2 ounces in the tank. works like a charm!!! engine is super quiet, i took it up to 100 mph and the engine is super quiet.
This is with a 1995 Dodge Colt Mitsubishi 1.5l with 180,000 miles on the clock. 10 gallon tank. this adds 1% to the price of my fuel, but it is worth it, with the engine running smooth like it's on prozac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back