mixing Chevron with Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I'd like to start by saying I've been reading these pages for quite a while and really enjoy them as they are very informative. My question is in regards to mixing Chevron Supreme oil with the new Havoline (Texaco/Chevron) oil. If I'm not mistaken, I read here that these oils are very similar, if not, identical. Is this true?

Why do you want to mix? Do you just have some left over? I do not believe they are the same. You can cal Chevron and find out.

The reason being is that I'm finding it harder and harder to find Chevron Supreme at the places I've purchased it before and I still have about a case left. The new Havoline seems to be available everywhere.

mix them, as long as the oil has the same S-rating (SL-SJ-SH,etc) they are compatable. All oil by oil industry standards has to be compatable when in the same S-rating and being Chevron and Texaco are now the same company, I would think they are probaly more compatable than other brands against each other even though they are compatable also. (QuakerState/Pennzoil/Shell are all one company also along with Exxon/Mobil, Conaco/Phillips/76, BP/ARCO and others)

quote:

harder and harder to find Chevron Supreme

My bet is that you will eventually not see Chevron products in Texas. Chevron/Texaco seems to be aligning it's product distribution regionally based on whichever is the stronger brand in that area.

The new Havoline packaging will list ChevronTexaco on the label, if you are concerned about getting old stock.

The product data sheets for Havoline & Supreme display the same numbers across the board from 5W-20 thru SAE 40.

With the exception of TBN. Havoline is 7.6 & Supreme is 7.4 - How did that happen?

Havoline PDS

Chevron Supreme PDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back