Mix SI-1 and Lucas UCL

Hi everyone,

New to the board here- actually just found BITOG from searching the topic title and was blown away by the amount of information here. It’s kind of overwhelming.

I tried to do my due diligence by searching for the answer but was able to find anything in particular to my question. I know that a lot of folks aren’t fans of Lucas (UCL aside) but I’ve already spent the money on both so at this point it’s a sunk cost and I’m at no loss in trying. I have a 2016 Silverado with over 110k on it, which was throwing a cylinder 8 misfire. I ran a bottle of Regane followed by a bottle of SI-1, which seems to have cleared the issue. But during my search for common fixes, I swear someone said they would add SI-1 to a gallon of LUCL and then just pour that “mix” into one of the small LUCL bottles to add at every fill-up to get the best of both. I know I’m probably in over my head so I’m expecting some roasting here...

TL;DR- Will anything “adverse” happen if I were to mix these and then dose at the small 5.25oz per fill until I’m out?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

5338C1B0-636B-4B9C-9EA1-142D8636E50A.jpeg

Welcome. Not necessary. It fixed your problem and you can move on. In the future, Use Top Tier gas. Google it for a wealth of information.

Thank you both. While I agree and am relieved that the problem seems to have resolved itself- I’m still wondering if there is any problem- even if acting only as a placebo- with mixing these two and adding per fill since I’ve already purchased them?

Hi everyone,

New to the board here- actually just found BITOG from searching the topic title and was blown away by the amount of information here. It’s kind of overwhelming.

I tried to do my due diligence by searching for the answer but was able to find anything in particular to my question. I know that a lot of folks aren’t fans of Lucas (UCL aside) but I’ve already spent the money on both so at this point it’s a sunk cost and I’m at no loss in trying. I have a 2016 Silverado with over 110k on it, which was throwing a cylinder 8 misfire. I ran a bottle of Regane followed by a bottle of SI-1, which seems to have cleared the issue. But during my search for common fixes, I swear someone said they would add SI-1 to a gallon of LUCL and then just pour that “mix” into one of the small LUCL bottles to add at every fill-up to get the best of both. I know I’m probably in over my head so I’m expecting some roasting here...

TL;DR- Will anything “adverse” happen if I were to mix these and then dose at the small 5.25oz per fill until I’m out?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I would do it, since you already got them. Sometimes mixology brings out interesting results. Here is a thread I started before I saw yours, it is just about that: mixology. And just like you - I did it because I already had it on hand, so why not.

I would do it, since you already got them. Sometimes mixology brings out interesting results. Here is a thread I started before I saw yours, it is just about that: mixology. And just like you - I did it because I already had it on hand, so why not.

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing some of the feedback you receive. I'm happy to experiment; I just didn't want to get a response like, "oh man, don't do that- it'll immediately turn into a nasty viscous sludge in your tank, corrode your piston rings, cement your injectors shut and also make you impotent from the fumes!"😅

Last edited:
Very cool! Looking forward to seeing some of the feedback you receive. I'm happy experiment; I just didn't want to get a response like, "oh man, don't do that- it'll immediately turn into a nasty viscous sludge in your tank, corrode your piston rings, cement your injectors shut and also make you impotent from the fumes!"😅
You'll get people like that no matter what you do, simply because it's not the way THEY would do it. But if they're asked for proof of "nasty viscous sludge in tank, corroded piston rings, cemented injectors", you'll most likely get nothing back. Knowledge comes from real world experiments, and not necessarily the keyboard experts with a "Living Room Couch Bachelor's Degree in Errytang".

You'll get people like that no matter what you do, simply because it's not the way THEY would do it. But if they're asked for proof of "nasty viscous sludge in tank, corroded piston rings, cemented injectors", you'll most likely get nothing back. Knowledge comes from real world experiments, and not necessarily the keyboard experts with a "Living Room Couch Bachelor's Degree in Errytang".
Thank you very much for the honestly helpful feedback, Vladiator. I really appreciate it, man. I'll make my mix and follow-up with the results on your post!(y)

Back