Mix oil 5w30,Total,Repsol,Cepsa, Neo Protect, AR 9100, Ceramo-2.0TDI euro 6 by pass filter

Here is my 18k analysis, it seems to be all under control.
Various oils and additives are still being used, Neo Protect raises the silicon AR 9100 raises the potassium, ester raises the oxidation.
Bu pass filtration system from the 60's that uses toilet paper filter, the amount of oil is increased with 2l since there are two filters connected in series, there are filter changes at 5k and 14k so we have 7l +4l =11l total oil in 18k.

The oil has not been changed and is still in use, it currently has 22k in it and I don't know what to do, I have no references from other users doing such an experiment. I will certainly analyze the 22k oil for reference, but in the meantime here is the 18k analysis at hand.

Use of fuel additives, Mannol diesel ester 9930, Hydra 2EHN, Xenum Nex10. Fuel and exhaust system treatment Xenum In&out double, first 1.5l used on whole tank, then another 1.5l canister used on 20l of fuel with forced regeneration on the go for maximum cleaning effect of the turbo egr exhaust system.

DPF regeneration every 477km nailed, it is done by set kms, soot saturation is not reached, soot load is 2g per 100km and if it wasn't for the bad software you could do 1000km with efficient driving style.

The use of the car is mixed 0-5k usual use for commuting 2x26k,between 5k - 14k long trips, between 14-18k usual use for work 2x26 in any case very efficient driving.

Attached is a screenshot of previous tests to better see the trend of the tests.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212_142451_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets_edit_883156667364196.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212_142451_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets_edit_883156667364196.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20230211_115328_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_115328_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Collage_20221127_210619.jpg
    Collage_20221127_210619.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 45
The silicon is really high. Other than that it doesn't look too bad for a "Unique" recipe of oils.

@fantastic

The silicon is due to the use of 25-30ml of Neo Protect additive which raises the levels, it is harmless because if it were dirt entering from a bad air filtering the wear should be seen in piston rings and piston noticeably with these amounts of silicon.
Depending on the dosage chosen, levels up to four digits can be seen with this additive.

@fantastic

The silicon is due to the use of 25-30ml of Neo Protect additive which raises the levels, it is harmless because if it were dirt entering from a bad air filtering the wear should be seen in piston rings and piston noticeably with these amounts of silicon.
Depending on the dosage chosen, levels up to four digits can be seen with this additive.
I understand now. Thanks for that information. Motor on then. Do you plan on sticking to this "Brew" of oils?

I know that concoctions are very frowned upon and the use of mixes between different additives, but here we are dealing with Euro 6 diesel that is continuously regenerated and dilution is a critical factor for engine wear.

I have said it on other occasions that when the oil industry releases a formulated oil capable of preventing wear, I will stop mixing or using solid additives such as HBN.

At the moment the use of hbn is not possible in the formulation of oils, you have to add it or buy oils formulated with hbn that I only know of one manufacturer and the prices are very high.

Actually the mix or the use of additives are not the enemy, there is a serious problem with the dilution and if my plan is to have the engine operating for more than 10 years I will make berbajes I will use additives I will put by pass what I have at my disposal with the only in order to keep the engine running.

I know that concoctions are very frowned upon and the use of mixes between different additives, but here we are dealing with Euro 6 diesel that is continuously regenerated and dilution is a critical factor for engine wear.

I have said it on other occasions that when the oil industry releases a formulated oil capable of preventing wear, I will stop mixing or using solid additives such as HBN.

At the moment the use of hbn is not possible in the formulation of oils, you have to add it or buy oils formulated with hbn that I only know of one manufacturer and the prices are very high.

Actually the mix or the use of additives are not the enemy, there is a serious problem with the dilution and if my plan is to have the engine operating for more than 10 years I will make berbajes I will use additives I will put by pass what I have at my disposal with the only in order to keep the engine running.
You've got your mind made up about it & as presented on your UOA I don't see any real "harm" by what you're doing.

Here is my 18k analysis, it seems to be all under control.
Various oils and additives are still being used, Neo Protect raises the silicon AR 9100 raises the potassium, ester raises the oxidation.
Bu pass filtration system from the 60's that uses toilet paper filter, the amount of oil is increased with 2l since there are two filters connected in series, there are filter changes at 5k and 14k so we have 7l +4l =11l total oil in 18k.

The oil has not been changed and is still in use, it currently has 22k in it and I don't know what to do, I have no references from other users doing such an experiment. I will certainly analyze the 22k oil for reference, but in the meantime here is the 18k analysis at hand.

Use of fuel additives, Mannol diesel ester 9930, Hydra 2EHN, Xenum Nex10. Fuel and exhaust system treatment Xenum In&out double, first 1.5l used on whole tank, then another 1.5l canister used on 20l of fuel with forced regeneration on the go for maximum cleaning effect of the turbo egr exhaust system.

DPF regeneration every 477km nailed, it is done by set kms, soot saturation is not reached, soot load is 2g per 100km and if it wasn't for the bad software you could do 1000km with efficient driving style.

The use of the car is mixed 0-5k usual use for commuting 2x26k,between 5k - 14k long trips, between 14-18k usual use for work 2x26 in any case very efficient driving.

Attached is a screenshot of previous tests to better see the trend of the tests.

What do you think?
Arrechera, is that you? 😁

It is curious that from 14k to 18k there is a noticeable increase in wear.
Nobody noticed that?

I have made a decision to change the analysis laboratory basically because the accuracy of measuring the soot does not convince me, and the fuel measurement is without measuring the biodiesel.
I need to find out why wear increased non-proportionally between 14k and 18k and without an accurate soot and biodiesel content measurement I am limited.
For those who do not know in Europe diesel can contain up to 7% biodiesel which cannot evaporate, somehow these 2.5% of fuel shown in analysis are not significant because if the content of biodiesel is high, It means that at some point the diesel has been so much higher that it could have partially evaporated.
This is very well observed when the laboratory measures biodiesel, many EA288 engines have high biodiesel content according to analysis

Last edited:
It is curious that from 14k to 18k there is a noticeable increase in wear.
Nobody noticed that?

I have made a decision to change the analysis laboratory basically because the accuracy of measuring the soot does not convince me, and the fuel measurement is without measuring the biodiesel.
I need to find out why wear increased non-proportionally between 14k and 18k and without an accurate soot and biodiesel content measurement I am limited.
For those who do not know in Europe diesel can contain up to 7% biodiesel which cannot evaporate, somehow these 2.5% of fuel shown in analysis are not significant because if the content of biodiesel is high, it is not a significant amount of biodiesel.
It would be impossible for you to attribute that increase to the oil via an isolated spectrographic analysis. The method is not capable of determining comparative oil quality, and particularly not as you are using it.

Besides the fuel there are multiple environmental variables in play, none of which are controlled here.

It would be impossible for you to attribute that increase to the oil via an isolated spectrographic analysis. The method is not capable of determining comparative oil quality, and particularly not as you are using it.

Besides the fuel there are multiple environmental variables in play, none of which are controlled here.
My only intention was to be able to see more clearly the soot and the fuel content since they are two absolutely critical factors for wear in euro 6 TDI engines.
It seems that when these levels rise, wear increases.
Just edited my previous post that translators sometimes fail, the amount of diesel shown in analysis without biodiesel can be uninformative since diesel can evaporate but biodiesel cannot, if the biodiesel content is high it means that there has been evaporation of diesel and the actual fuel content at some point has been higher.

As is known, when the diesel enters the oil it is in the regeneration phases, washing the lubricating film, causing wear in the cylinder. When the cylinder has just been polished, the lubricating film cannot be maintained and high wear is caused and a piston can end up seizing. .
Precisely this high iron wear is proportionally related to high fuel level

Pedro I: very nice reports. Thank You sir

For the miles, wear looks really good and under control. It appears what you are doing is working.

Back