Total Rubia TIR 9900 FE 5w30 + Kroon Poly Tech 5w40 + 508/509 0w20 - Audi A3 2.0TDI EA 288 - 6.462km.

Hello, everyone,

here is my second oil analysis, it is from this winter from october to april, again a mix of several oils was made and additives added. Regenerations are not regulated on this vehicle and the routes are unfavorable for the regeneration of the DPF particle filter. Distances of 26-30 km are covered about 60 km per day. As the vehicle is driven by my wife she could not control the regenerations but I started to take note of every day and found that with this use this car regenerates every 200km on average.

Diesel additives such as Hibrogen Road, Mannolester Diesel 9930.2EHN are used.

Mannol ester 9929 -0.5l

Mannol ceramo -0.3l

Xenum VXR 500 -0.1l

Neo Protect - 25ml

Total Rubia tir 9900 fe 5w30 E6/E9-1.5l

Kron poly tech 5w40 A3/B4 - 0.9l

Cepsa 508/509 0w20-1.5l

The oil filter has not been changed, it is from the last 5 km interval and it is understood that there is still a lot in it.

I am attaching a PDF versus the previous change for a better comparison, it seems that despite the winter the wear has decreased with more hours of use.

What do you think of the analysis?
Collage_20220415_071913.jpg
Screenshot_20220518_174215.jpg

I would change the oil filter at every interval. There is non 'understood plenty' left in it.

Looks good. Oxidation comes from the ester additive... nothing to worry about. Silicon comes from that Neo additive.

I'd skip the additives and see how good it looks with motor oil alone.

10cst viscosity with 5% fuel doesn't make sense. I wonder if an additive is throwing off the test reading.

Cambiaría el filtro de aceite en cada intervalo. No queda nada de 'mucho entendido' en él.

Se ve bien. La oxidación proviene del aditivo de éster... nada de qué preocuparse. El silicio proviene de ese aditivo Neo.

Me saltearía los aditivos y vería qué tan bien se ve solo con aceite de motor.

La viscosidad 10cst con 5% de combustible no tiene sentido. Me pregunto si un aditivo está alterando la lectura de prueba.
The reason for not changing the oil filter is because the previous analysis was only 5000 km, approximately only 111 hours of operation, with use the filtering efficiency improves, these cars clearly suffer from dilution by diesel. In my analyzes I have observed that independently whether there is 2% or 5% gasoil, there is a 2-point reduction in viscosity, apparently the fuel affects the thickening polymers in the long run.

Welcome to the additive addiction club where only a minimum of five additives at a time will do…our motto-more is never enough…😊…I appreciate you sharing additives included with the analysis…. I did similar type mixtures when drove a tdi golf and older Mercedes’ diesel…also when had Honda accords. .Wear metals look good…of course obvious feedback which I have received in the past as well will be… how do you know what is working and what is not when you have mixture of so many different additives? Second type of feedback will be… Many if these additives will not work synergistically together and could counteract the effectiveness when used all at once-like remember someone mentioning years ago that antimony and moly don’t work well together for some reason… third type of feedback will be given in combined manner rapid fire… Oil companies develop oils and additive packages using research to balance the effectiveness… are you an oil formulator? Will maybe asked are you tribologist or when did you get chemistry degree? Again I have done similarly in many cars in the past… driving a boring 2012 Prius V now and main concern is using 5w20 in summer instead of 0w20 because of lower noack…
Experimentation with different additives should be fine… while I Did the same-I often regretted it when got an oil analysis because had no idea which ones worked better than others… and if They misread that you used all of them at once in the engine I apologize

@spiderbypass

The issue of additives is a huge world, when it comes to additives that are not used in commercial oils such as hexagonal boron nitride (hbn), there is no choice but to try them and use them by adding them. Unfortunately, the industry has not put anything that has a remedy against contamination by fuels. All that remains is the remedy of shortening the oil change, doing some used analysis to see if there is an improvement with a specific oil and little else. I am not worried about criticism, additives are used for a specific purpose Here there is an evil that is dilution by fuel and I do not know of another way to treat these effects. He did not rule out the use of other additives (Ar9100, ceratec) and other remedies such as bypass filtration, which is also already in use. I will change the bypass filters more often with cheap oil if I see that the additives have no effect against dilution.

Report looks normal(taking into account the additives), as the guys above already said. Iron is very slightly high.
Nothing wrong.
Think you can try the cheap Mannol Diesel Ester additive and see if it helps with engine smoothness/wear.
It would add some upper cylinder lubrication and general fuel system cleaning/lubrication.
Im using the Mannol Benzin Ester additive for an year(maybe year and a half) now and it did help engine smoothness and idle a bit.

@DrDanger
Thank you for your comment, I am already using Mannol ester diesel 9930, I have also tried increasing the dose used, currently I use double that recommended, 80ml per 40l of diesel. The whole problem is due to the management of DPF regeneration, unfortunately in this car are made every 200km on average, making use of 70km throughout the day on several routes. If you can lengthen the km traveled between regeneration, the dilution will be greatly improved.

@DrDanger
Thank you for your comment, I am already using Mannol ester diesel 9930, I have also tried increasing the dose used, currently I use double that recommended, 80ml per 40l of diesel. The whole problem is due to the management of DPF regeneration, unfortunately in this car are made every 200km on average, making use of 70km throughout the day on several routes. If you can lengthen the km traveled between regeneration, the dilution will be greatly improved.
No idea about diesel dpfs and regenerations. I cant say. Not sponsored by Mannol but they are cheap and I try their stuff, yet to feel robbed of the 5-10bucks for additive. I would try something to clean the DPF, maybe change Adblue ( not sure if it is even used )

Back