MITSUBOSHI BELTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by David1
My Question has anyone ever used MITSUBOSHI Belts??? A guy at work thought it was a Mitsubishi knock off belt and I had to tell him NO... MITSUBOSHI Belts are the belts that come on from the factory on Honda / Acura...
It says HIGH PERFORMANCE BELT on the box....

However I have not taken off this belt yet to see the brand name.. However on my old 2002 Honda Accord V6 the original Timing belt was a MITSUBOSHI....

Any info would be nice

Thx

Yes, these are the belts(& the whole timing kit) that you WANT to use. Mitsuboshi and or AISIN.

My Brother in law for his Honda Accord V6 2010 he bought a Rockauto Dayco Kit water pump and tenstioner and belt and seals.... After 5000 miles the water pump started to leak coolant out of the weap hole....

I told him DO NOT BUY THE DAYCO KIT ON ROCKAUTO... I told him let me get you the ASIN KIT or at least the Contiech Black Edition timeing belt kit.. I have always been told Contech has very good KITS also...

But It was funny b.c the guy at the dealer told him he sees the Dayco Water Pumps come back all the time....

Now the guy at the dealer didnt do the install. My Brother Inlaw had a backyard / Home mechanic do it.. Matter of fact the guy didnt want to use the dayco kit and advised him on Gates kit or Asin....

I guess the GATES KIT is not that bad.. I have never head anyone say anything bad about them....At least the water pump pully is polished steel and not the black graphite stuff..

The original timing belt that I recently took out of a 2000 Camry 4 cylinder (~160K miles) was labeled as a Toyota belt, and said made in USA.
I have no idea if it's really a Gates, Bando, or something else. Looked OK too.

My sister's 2003 Acura TL 3.2L has an OEM Mitsuboshi belt on it, it is what I use for the Honda timing belts I do (just did a 2000 Civic 1.6L). They seem to be of great quality. I would never trust that Driveworks garbage for even a serpentine belt never mind a timing belt. Gates is also OEM for many vehicles, and they have some decent belts, you just have to make sure and not buy their bottom of the barrel stuff.

Mitsuboshi/MBL is good stuff. Use with confidence.

They also make more than belts - they are a major supplier of formed plastics to the Japanese OEMs - think dashboards and seat foam cushions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back