MITSUBOSHI BELTS

At work on many Honda / Acura for belts even timing belt they will have brands in store like Dayco and DriveWorks... Not big fan of Driveworks.. Really not a huge fan of Dayco.. We Also sell Gates.. I guess they are Okay....
However On Honda / Acura they list BANDO and Continental I really like Bando and Continental .. Then they list GENUINE and its MITSUBOSHI BELTS... I bought one b/c my Acura has the original serpentine belt on it and its time to change it.

My Question has anyone ever used MITSUBOSHI Belts??? A guy at work thought it was a Mitsubishi knock off belt and I had to tell him NO... MITSUBOSHI Belts are the belts that come on from the factory on Honda / Acura...
It says HIGH PERFORMANCE BELT on the box....

However I have not taken off this belt yet to see the brand name.. However on my old 2002 Honda Accord V6 the original Timing belt was a MITSUBOSHI....

Any info would be nice

Also if anyone has a video on a 2015 Acura ILX Serpintine belt removal please send me it or post it.... It looks like a nightmare.... They way the belt is wraps all around all over the place and there is NO ROOM...

I mean my old Honda v6 I could replace the serpentine belt in basically 15 minutes.... However this car... The Tensioner is much tougher to budge....

Thx

Originally Posted by David1
My Question has anyone ever used MITSUBOSHI Belts??? A guy at work thought it was a Mitsubishi knock off belt and I had to tell him NO... MITSUBOSHI Belts are the belts that come on from the factory on Honda / Acura...
It says HIGH PERFORMANCE BELT on the box....

However I have not taken off this belt yet to see the brand name.. However on my old 2002 Honda Accord V6 the original Timing belt was a MITSUBOSHI....

Any info would be nice

Thx

Yes, these are the belts(& the whole timing kit) that you WANT to use. Mitsuboshi and or AISIN.

Mitsuboshi belts are great. I used them in my Honda Accord for the timing belt. Also used them in my Lexus for the timing belt and serpentine belts.

Mitsuboshi was OE on my Mitsubishi 6G72 and it's the only belt I've ever used, and the only one it's getting. You can't afford to cut corners with a timing belts.

I also stuck with Aisin water pumps and SKF tensioners/seals for the rest of the timing belt job.

As others have said they are top shelf, its understandable the guy took them for a knock off given that changing one letter in a brand name is a common with knocked off products.

I thought Mitsubishi was the knock off.
05.gif

Mitsuboshi belts are good belts as well. I would rate them as good as bando. We use some of both brands for CNC servo motor timing belts and they both seem to hold up the same to chips and oil. Some Mitsuboshi belts are made in the USA as well. Only thing I don't like about them is they are a bit harder to find locally compared to gates, dayco, ect. Other than that, I would use with full confidence.

The AISIN kit I used in my Accord came with a Mitsuboshi timing belt. All is still well after ~40k miles.

Mitsuboshi (yes with an "o", I thought it was a typo) is a great belt.

My previous Sienna 3.3L engine had a squeal when I used Gates (also good belt) for P/S Pump.
The squeal went away when I install Mitsuboshi and it came back as soon as the Gates back on.

I put the Mitsuboshi for Timing Belt also and it was closed to 100K without any issue when I traded the Sienna.

Originally Posted by Trav
As others have said they are top shelf, its understandable the guy took them for a knock off given that changing one letter in a brand name is a common with knocked off products.

If i had not read this thread, I would have thought it was a knockoff name of Mitsubishi.

Next time anyone is in Japan, visit a Mitsukoshi department store. You will be amazed although you cannot buy a Mitsuboshi belt or a Mitsubishi car there. They have most everything else.

Back in the day working as a master tech at a Toyota dealer, Mitsuboshi was the OE timing belt. Great product.

Last edited:
Years ago I had a 91 Accord, the OE accessory belts on it's F22 engine where made by Mitsuboshi. Very good belts, the company does not seem to do much aftermarket business in North America unlike their Japanese competitor Bando.

Thanks... I figured they were good.. I really Trust WORLD PAC... When they say somthing is GENUINE as came from Factory.. I ussally trust them..

Also Anyone have any a video or have done this serpintne belt?

2015 Acura ILX

Seems very TIGHT...and the way the belt wrapped all over the place is odd...

I cant find 1 video on youtube...

Thanks for info

It actually says HIGH PERFORMANCE On the box...... What funny was it was less $ then Dayco... and Like I said.. Dayco is Okay... but Id rather have Bando or Contitech or Mitsuboshi.... I would never use DRIVEWORKs...

When people come in at work and want a driveworks belt I always say sheesh.. You mad at your car??

Makes my Boss Laugh when i say that...

I always try to get people to buy the best part.. Not even the most $ one... There are parts that are less $ that I consider better then off the shelf....

For Instance Beck and Arnley.... Somtimes I recommend them to people and they rather get Motorad.....and the beck and Arnley is less $ and some of the time its the exact Genuine part.. I know in Thermostats I have seen ASIN and in bearing I have seen SFK and
Timkin in there boxes..

Back