Miscrimped Wix 57712

I just looked up 7055, it say bypass setting of 27 psi vs the 7712 @ 23psi. Spec on my EJ255 is the 23 psi. I agree that I would love a larger can. Do you think there would be issues with going to a higher bypass setting?
I’ve been using the 7055 on my 2007 Impreza 2.5i and on a 2018 Forester for at least 4 years. The slightly higher bypass will simply make sure the oil goes thru the filter element to a slightly higher differential pressure.

What was the root cause of that happening?
So, honestly, its been a while since i tracked the car and forgot the #1 rule or subarus and tracks which is make sure its full of oil. I was about 1/2qt low and the EJ25 tend to have starvation issues at sustained corner G's and high rpm. When I looked at the rod bearings though, only 1 had spun but 2 others had some "flaking" which most people attribute to knock. I have not logged my car in a long time so I cant say if it was pulling timing to avoid knock or not. It was also a 160k engine with 120k of that being on the Cobb OTS stage 2 map.

Wix did finally contact me and they are sending a check for the cost of the filter and the 2qts of oil I lost. I'm glad they took responsibility and didnt dance around this.

Wix did finally contact me and they are sending a check for the cost of the filter and the 2qts of oil I lost. I'm glad they took responsibility and didnt dance around this.
Nice! I was going to say, I bet if you email them with some pics, they'd do something for you.

I stopped buying wix / napa filters because of QC issues I've found. Probably nothing that would have the effect you saw, but I've seen terrible looking threads, metal shavings, odd media pleat spacing, etc. Just got tired of paying napa or carquest retail prices for that.

Back