Minor bugfix request (text highlighting)

I've noticed that if you use dark mode when you highlight text with your cursor, it doesn't change to an alternative color showing how much you have highlighted so far. This only appears to apply to an open text box, not existing and previously submitted text. Something really minor but maybe something really simple to fix. Sometimes I like to edit out chunks of what I'm typing and if I use the cursor to do it, I don't get a visual representation of what I'm actually highlighting.

To be clear, this is what it looks like when you try to select text from something previously written (Notice the blue highlight). When you try this with text not yet submitted, you get nothing.
1620069933660.jpg

To be clear, this is what it looks like when you try to select text from something previously written (Notice the blue highlight). When you try this with text not yet submitted, you get nothing.
View attachment 56112
Using Firefox on my laptop I can highlight text in a reply that I'm making. But on my Android cell phone it behaves like you describe - the selected text does not highlight.

To be thorough, I tested this on Firefox as well. Same issue but reversed. You see the highlight but it's the same color as the font so it's basically a highlighting contrast issue
1620070263404.jpg

To be thorough, I tested this on Firefox as well. Same issue but reversed. You see the highlight but it's the same color as the font so it's basically a highlighting contrast issue View attachment 56113
Well, at least you can see what's highlighted, but yeah you can't read the text when it's highlighted.

This has been brought up before and with the combination of themes as well as settings on people's devices, it seemed to be very difficult to fine-tune.

Not fixed here either at least on chrome.
This has been brought up before and with the combination of themes as well as settings on people's devices, it seemed to be very difficult to fine-tune.

Settings on people's devices doesn't apply here. Just using dark mode on chrome and firefox with same issue on each, on chrome, you see no highlight, on firefox you see white highlight but text is also white.

Settings on people's devices doesn't apply here. Just using dark mode on chrome and firefox with same issue on each, on chrome, you see no highlight, on firefox you see white highlight but text is also white.
On Chrome, I do see the highlight, although it doesn't stand out all that much.

It was brought up before. As I mentioned, it seems like every theme needs tweaked and it was complicated to fine-tune.
Settings on people's devices doesn't apply here
On Macs, users can select "Highlight color" and it is a pretty global setting across apps running on the machine. Then you can have an OS theme (light or dark) that affects this and may conflict with settings wwilson inputs.

Back