Milwaukee Packout wall system

D60

My aging folks recently asked me to get their laundry room organized. My dad doesn't really do ANYTHING with tools anymore but I think he feels a sense of security having some tools. I get it -- I'll likely be exactly the same way in my 80's.

I replaced the homebrew plywood workbench with a 46" Husky box. My dad needs drawers he can pull out rather than shelves below a workbench where things are shoved back and never seen again.

It's a TINY room but I decided to play around with the Packout wall system just because it offers him the chance to configure as he pleases. It's kind of a neat system, but like all "systems" you pay for the privilege and are at the mercy of what they offer.

I doubt there's any in my future mostly because I'd actually have to keep a wall clear enough to walk up to it, but it has its place. Actually the wife wants some organizers in the house for jewelry (not joking)

I ordered 99% of the Packout from Acme tools because they actually had most in stock for a single order.

I mounted everything low because my folks can't really lift or reach above shoulder height. This is not an ideal installation but gives you an idea
20220803_170057.jpg
20220803_170049.jpg

Back