Milwaukee M18 1/2 impact any size diff on 1400 vs 1100

Is there any size difference between the 1400 foot Pounds half-inch impact and the 1100 foot down.

Wondering if it’s worth it to order the 1400 foot pounds one over 1100

I thought it was two different types of hammers... And one is better for removing rusted automotive fasteners.

Without any real details I'm going to guess that the 1100 foot-pound one is the older model of the 2767 which is 1400 foot pounds. I think they are similar in size so there's no point getting the older model.

I own the 2767-20. It is a BEAST. I've used this tool to remove crankshaft bolts in seconds. Rusted suspension bolts come loose without breaking a sweat. I daresay there is NO FASTENER on a car or light truck this thing will not undo. If there is room to get the impact on it, it's coming loose. I work in Quality Control on commercial and industrial construction jobs. Union pipefitters, carpenters, and ironworkers use these as industry standard.
These tools were NOT designed for the homeowner or DIY guy in his home garage; they were designed for industrial use, and they meet the demands.
Recently, I used my 2767 on manway bolts for access to an API storage tank which probably hadn't been opened for 20+ years according to the engineer who wanted it opened; there were 4 men struggling with different impacts, hammers, pry bars, and power tool wire brushes and they could not budge one single bolt loose. I went to them with my 2767 and proceeded to start breaking bolts loose. The paint on the bolt threads offered more resistance than the rust. I hammered them off with my Milwaukee until it quit working. It has a built-in thermal overload protection that will not let you burn the tool up. Once it cools down, go right back at it. If you're buying this tool, you're going to wonder why you didn't get it sooner. Tip: Use the 6.0 batteries. The smaller batteries will not give this tool the power it demands. Go to the Milwaukee website and you will find no negative reviews: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2767-20#sp-reviews

i had the older 1/2 impact but my house flooded and it doesnt work any more so im looking to get a new one. id like it to be close to the same size or smaller. I dont remember the model thinking 1000ftlbs was brought 5 years ago ish

I have the M18 3/4 impact which is amazing but its a little heavy and big to fit im some spots id like to have a 1/2 that id use for almost everything and only use 3/4 when i really have too.

Just brought a few 6.0 batteries, going to pick them up this week.

Side note id love to get the 1 inch but not sure how much stronger it is over the 3/4 only seem like 200 ft lbs over the 3/4

I work on everything from 5hp eng to my volvo ec210

Have you considered a mid size 1/2" drive? They have plenty of power and will get most of the fasteners loose without breaking a sweat.
The nice thing is you can use them in places a big 1/2" couldn't even think about. Use the bigger tool for large exposed easy to get at fasteners.

Have you considered a mid size 1/2" drive? They have plenty of power and will get most of the fasteners loose without breaking a sweat.
The nice thing is you can use them in places a big 1/2" couldn't even think about. Use the bigger tool for large exposed easy to get at fasteners.
Home Depot had the mid torque model for $129 at one point. I probably should have gotten it as a spare/regular impact, but don't really use them that often. That was a good price though. Now it's back up to $199. Maybe it'll go on sale again as the theory is that they're getting rid of them as the new model is coming out soon that will have an extra 50 foot pounds of torque. You could probably set an alert on slickdeals for it.

I like my 2767 though, it's probably overkill that I keep it in the trunk just in case I have a flat. It served the purpose that I bought it for though, took out anode rods out of several water heaters like nothing where before it took 3 guys several minutes struggling with a breaker bar and a 3 foot pipe in order to budge them loose.

I have the 2767 and actually wish I got the next smaller model. It’s a wonderful tool, but so big and powerful it’s totally overkill for any car stuff I’ve used it on. Something lighter and smaller would be a tad more useful for passenger car work.

I have the 2767 and actually wish I got the next smaller model. It’s a wonderful tool, but so big and powerful it’s totally overkill for any car stuff I’ve used it on. Something lighter and smaller would be a tad more useful for passenger car work.
There's also the mid torque version which is probably what you need for car work. There's a deal now for it with 2 2.0 amp hour batteries and the charger/bag. But some say hold out for a 5.0 amp hour battery. Or you can wait for the new one next month but won't be as cheap as this one. That one I think will have 50 to 100 more foot pounds of torque.

I have a Milwaukee 2763,

It was unable to break the lug bolts on my old BMW (aluminum-steel corrosion). The only option was my 250 lbs on a breaker bar with a cheater pipe. So I dont buy that the 2763's 1100 ft-lbs is real.

It was unable to remove the seized lower shock bolts on my 96 Dodge Ram, which I sheared in half, by hand, with a 24" breaker bar, in order to remove...

So Im not sure how much I believe any of these...

I just ordered a Mid Torque M18 fuel, I hear it picks up where my beloved M12 3/8 Stubby runs out of steam

Was a good sale on it, but only for the 3/8 kit

On the mid torque, 3/8 vs 1/2 have the same specs for power, it's literally just a preference to the chuck you prefer

There's also the mid torque version which is probably what you need for car work. There's a deal now for it with 2 2.0 amp hour batteries and the charger/bag. But some say hold out for a 5.0 amp hour battery. Or you can wait for the new one next month but won't be as cheap as this one. That one I think will have 50 to 100 more foot pounds of torque.

Black Friday and or Holiday sales are coming, look for last year's Fuel models (Fuel = Brushless) to be on very good sales

ToolNut.com has excellent clearance or closeout sales, but you have to see what you want and go for it, or it'll sell out

There's also a MilwaukeeTool subreddit, got lots of people there keeping an eye on the deals

There is a new mid torque half inch out, it is also 600ft lb, but its an inch shorter than the previous one linked above. It just came out. It also has perimeter led lighting. Yes the previous models will be discounted to clear out, but I really think I would get this one if I was in the market. This is a picture of the size comparison on the 3/8 old vs new. The 1/2” models are identical except for the anvil.

Attachments

• 2FF5CDB6-0FDA-4229-A7D8-2ADCC98115B5.jpeg
    2FF5CDB6-0FDA-4229-A7D8-2ADCC98115B5.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 14
I have a Milwaukee 2763,

It was unable to break the lug bolts on my old BMW (aluminum-steel corrosion). The only option was my 250 lbs on a breaker bar with a cheater pipe. So I dont buy that the 2763's 1100 ft-lbs is real.

It was unable to remove the seized lower shock bolts on my 96 Dodge Ram, which I sheared in half, by hand, with a 24" breaker bar, in order to remove...

So Im not sure how much I believe any of these...

Strangely enough the old USA made IR 231 rated at IIRC 450 ftlb removes rusted fasteners the almost 1200 ftlb cordless tools wont budge.
With these tools it seems is not so much about about torque but blows per minute and more importantly the size and power of the blows.

There is a new mid torque half inch out, it is also 600ft lb, but its an inch shorter than the previous one linked above. It just came out. It also has perimeter led lighting. Yes the previous models will be discounted to clear out, but I really think I would get this one if I was in the market. This is a picture of the size comparison on the 3/8 old vs new. The 1/2” models are identical except for the anvil.
It's also more expensive. I was temped at one point when the mid torque was discounted at $129 instead of $199. The new one is $219-$239. But the new one does gain about 100 foot pounds on tightening which is 550 and an extra 50 for loosening at 650.

Back