Milwaukee Cordless Ratchets - maximum manual torque rating?

So are people avoiding a cordless impact? Or using the cordless ratchet in a place one cannot get a cordless impact into.

But if you cannot get in a cordless impact in there can you get a breaker bar in there?

I for one think if the issue a stuck rusty bolt you may have better chance of getting the bolt out rather than snapped off with an impact than a breaker bar.
If you can get a cordless ratchet in there, you can get a higher torque tool in there, whether ratchet or breaker bar.

The ratchet is no worse for the wear, but I agree that the plastic construction makes it unlikely to get to 150 lb/ft. Even if it could withstand that force, it wouldn't be the best tool for the task. It's my favorite tool for sure.
As I mentioned in the other thread, the Snap-On cordless ratchets are significantly heavier and I think the casing is a major driver of that weight. It is probably much stronger and can withstand the additional manual torque. However, the mounting design of the M12 batteries has the tabs in "shared proximity" as the grip - so that is also a probable factor.

I just used mine for some decently firm bolts on my 91 Mercedes 350sd. IIRC they were torqued to 45 nm and I could use the m12 ratchet to remove them.

Back