Mike Rowe Ford commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a new Ford commercial with Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. Had him driving a Lincoln I believe. He was mentioning the quality that can't be beat by Honda or Toyota..........

Originally Posted By: strongt
A man will say anything for the right amount of money.

Yes he is the man
thumbsup2.gif

I can be bought for less than he can........

I was wrong he is driving different models.

So true... I'm for hire and I will do it for half what Mike did!
LOL.gif

He does what anyone else will do for $$$$$$$. He's build himself a nice little empire with the Discovery Channel. It's paying off.

His face is also on the cover of the 2009-2010 Grainger catalog. It must be nice to get famous and then just prostitute yourself out for money.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I saw a new Ford commercial with Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. Had him driving a Lincoln I believe. He was mentioning the quality that can't be beat by Honda or Toyota..........

He has been in quite a few since 2007.

Last edited:
I find it amusing that Mr. Built Ford Tough used to be an opera singer (per his Outside magazine interview).

Ford has an agreement with Discovery Channel in that each Dirty Jobs episode from the least 2-3 years or so needs to have a Ford truck pictured in it.

It's paid advertising w/o watching a commercial.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Ford has an agreement with Discovery Channel in that each Dirty Jobs episode from the least 2-3 years or so needs to have a Ford truck pictured in it.

It's paid advertising w/o watching a commercial.

And Sears likely had a shiny new Craftsman tool chest and DieHard batteries placed in the first episode of Ice Road Truckers this season... in addition to buying time for commercials.

Tom, that's a really good story. Thanks for posting the link!

On page 5 of that article, comes this: "Corporate cultures tend to step over good ideas if they don't come through the proper channels."

That's true and applies in other areas of life. We've learned that in our church environment lately. Stepping outside that environment has helped us move at a much faster pace.

I can only imagine how much in-fighting was caused at Discovery because of his ideas and ways of doing business. I'm sure it would have taken much longer in that slow-to-change business environment if the deadline for the Ford sponsorship wasn't imposed as part of the deal.

You'd think that people would have learned by now that slow-to-change/adapt business models really don't work in this fast-paced world we live in.

Good for Mike, I hope it never goes to his head. I haven't found a person yet who dislikes that show.

Originally Posted By: MrCritical
I find it amusing that Mr. Built Ford Tough used to be an opera singer (per his Outside magazine interview).

I think it's kinda cool actually. Most "manly" men are really big softies underneath all the stench and filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back