Might purchase a 1991 Buick Reatta

Big fan of these old E/K GM cars. Had many myself.

The V6 doesn't do the chassis justice. Get an Eldorado. The 4.5/4.9 is much smoother and torquier, it looks sharper, much better interior materials and build quality.

A car I've lusted over since childhood... I'll try to withhold my excitement and stick to the facts:

1991 model, which is both the last and best of the range due to several improvements (16" wheels, Series I 3800, 4T60-E transmission, vacuum assist brakes vs. TEVES)

Bright red over Torch Red interior

93k original miles

All original, except for an aftermarket radio

ZERO rust

The car has been sitting for at least 2.5 years, however after checking the fluids and hooking up a jump pack she fired to life after maybe 5 revolutions. ZERO lifter tick, no rattles, perfect voltage and oil pressure. Even the pop-up headlights work. The transmission fluid is bright red, and although I couldn't actually move the car I did verify that it went into reverse and drive.

I offered $700 for the car, against an asking price of $1,350. I'm waiting to hear back with bated breath!

View attachment 143463

Had a regal of that vintage with digital dash. Dash gave me lots of i$$ues if I recall.

Who's teenage dream car is an Eldorado?
Who's teenage dream car is a Reatta? Back in the day I thought the last generation big Eldorado convertibles looked great and that they had the biggest production 500 c.i. V8 engine was alluring. Searched for over a year to find one I liked and could afford. A Firemist Red '75. Wouldn't mind having it back now.

Awesome find! For the price and the potential miles of service you will get out of it, you are stealing that car!!!

from looking at the one photo and your description of the running condition likely a steal at $750 and could very well be worth the asking price or more in this market.
If this is your dream car i hope you get it Good Luck ..
Yeah I think they were slow to appreciate but I now think people are starting to want them. Only 21,754 were made mostly by hand similar to the Cadillac Allante. Only 2437 convertibles were made. Good luck

You have to spend some time in New York... ;)
I remembering looking at one of these used while in high school at 1980. Not sure why the deal didn't happen. Ended up with a 1972 El Camino (with the swivel front bucket seats).

That Buick was a HUGE boat.
images.jpg

Back