MIG 21 spotted at small airport.

If a MiG-21 is a thirsty option, imagine what Jared Isaacman has to spend each time he takes his large MiG-29UB (formerly part of Paul Allen's collection) out for spin around the neighborhood.

Jet fuel is cheapest here. Maintenance is what is problem. MIG29 is more forgiving. Astro is right. With MIG21 you better be experienced as hell, as that plane killed so many people that it got nickname “flying coffin.” Add to that that airplanes in private ownership as far as I know, cannot have ejection seat per FAA regulations.

Who knows what triggers a young mans passion for things. It’s our job to take a moment from our sometimes mundane lives and pass along something that sticks. Where did we all come from? It builds on itself.
Parenting is what shapes their future. Taking kid to airport might not make them pilot, but triggers their imagination and curiosity.

A long time ago while on a deployment to the Philippines, I saw one of these F-80 Shooting Stars roll down the runway at Cubi Point Air Base and take off. Had Philippine AF markings on it. Don't know if it was privately owned. Real cool to see an old war bird with the wheels up.
1615759285595.jpg

A long time ago while on a deployment to the Philippines, I saw one of these F-80 Shooting Stars roll down the runway at Cubi Point Air Base and take off. Had Philippine AF markings on it. Don't know if it was privately owned. Real cool to see an old war bird with the wheels up.
View attachment 49418

Looked at a list of operators and Philippines never had an F-80 in service, although who knows if a private owner might have bought one and marked it that way. Apparently they had the T-33.

800px-Philippine_Air_Force_T-33_Shooting_Star_-_Front-Left_Side_View.jpg

MiG-21's are such interesting looking fighters. They look chunky and ugly from the side but so sleek from pretty much every other angle.

MiG-21's are such interesting looking fighters. They look chunky and ugly from the side but so sleek from pretty much every other angle.
The older ones without the hump had a fairly sleek look from the side, as well. I always thought the tailed delta was interesting, too.

I thought some of the Southwest Asian air forces with camo paint jobs had some of the best looking Fishbeds.

I'd love to see one at an air show. 2 years ago there was a Mig 19 at Oshkosh and the bright orange afterburner flame was really cool.

If anyone knows of any air shows in the midwest where a Fishbed is scheduled to make an appearance, please let me know!

Back