Microsoft "Hotmail" issue.

Haven't researched this as of yet. Definitely not liking Google's prying eyes so it's time to put an end to this.
1- If you want true privacy then www.protonmail.com world wide recognition encrypted email for privacy and security.
You can get a free account, its truly free but limited as far as storage space, contact "book" ect, if you want a full program with contacts, you have to pay a subscription cost but you can use just a free account if it is enough for you, Im sure many would find the free program ok for what they need.
We need to understand,a company needs income to produce a service, so you pay a subscription fee as that is their source of income, instead of selling your information and that of your family to the highest bidders in the advertising world as well as advertising on their site.

Its a great service, fast, clean, fresh and simple. I love the clean interface. In addition your emails are encrypted, making it even more secure.
WITH THAT SAID, BEING THEY ARE ENCRYPTED MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FORGET THE PASSWORD YOU CREATED.
Its easy to reset your password and you wont lose your account but you will LOSE all previous emails and information because they were encrypted under the password you forgot.
Like I said, its secure. They also have email apps for Android and Apple which work perfect, of course you could also simply choose to save your password and not have to enter it every time.

2- Another email I like is Apple iCloud email. Clean and simple. Apple known for privacy is better then anything google and anything Microsoft.
Create an Apple ID, its all free for about the first gig of storage or so. No ads, no bs. nice. If you need more storage over time you can either clean things up or subscribe for $12 a year.

3- Third and last outlook.com. Hard to beat it for storage and "free" you will have ads if do not pay a subscription fee but I believe they are cookie based and Microsoft doesnt scan your emails like google gmail does.
I use MS as well as the others above. I have used Microsoft Outlook for decades under the name of "hotmail", then "live" and now "outlook"
Including one paid with no ads. It is nice, nicer if you pay for it. Its robust for sure and it filter system for deleting unwanted mails is amazing.
Lets face it, as well you can have a "professional" looking @outlook.com email. But if you dont pay, you have an ad bar, not bad.

Anyway, I think the 3 choices above cover a wide spectrum of options. I despise google/gmail invasion of privacy, always have, always will and will not debate it in this forum any longer :eek:)

Last edited:
1- If you want true privacy then www.protonmail.com world wide recognition encrypted email for privacy and security.
You can get a free account, its truly free but limited as far as storage space, contact "book" ect, if you want a full program with contacts, you have to pay a subscription cost but you can use just a free account if it is enough for you, Im sure many would find the free program ok for what they need.
We need to understand,a company needs income to produce a service, so you pay a subscription fee as that is their source of income, instead of selling your information and that of your family to the highest bidders in the advertising world as well as advertising on their site.

Its a great service, fast, clean, fresh and simple. I love the clean interface. In addition your emails are encrypted, making it even more secure.
WITH THAT SAID, BEING THEY ARE ENCRYPTED MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FORGET THE PASSWORD YOU CREATED.
Its easy to reset your password and you wont lose your account but you will LOSE all previous emails and information because they were encrypted under the password you forgot.
Like I said, its secure. They also have email apps for Android and Apple which work perfect, of course you could also simply choose to save your password and not have to enter it every time.

2- Another email I like is Apple iCloud email. Clean and simple. Apple known for privacy is better then anything google and anything Microsoft.
Create an Apple ID, its all free for about the first gig of storage or so. No ads, no bs. nice. If you need more storage over time you can either clean things up or subscribe for $12 a year.

3- Third and last outlook.com. Hard to beat it for storage and "free" you will have ads if do not pay a subscription fee but I believe they are cookie based and Microsoft doesnt scan your emails like google gmail does.
I use MS as well as the others above. I have used Microsoft Outlook for decades under the name of "hotmail", then "live" and now "outlook"
Including one paid with no ads. It is nice, nicer if you pay for it. Its robust for sure and it filter system for deleting unwanted mails is amazing.
Lets face it, as well you can have a "professional" looking @outlook.com email. But if you dont pay, you have an ad bar, not bad.

Anyway, I think the 3 choices above cover a wide spectrum of options. I despise google/gmail invasion of privacy, always have, always will and will not debate it in this forum any longer :eek:)
I'll be checking out protonmail first most likely and see how it works out.

Back