Microgreen 13k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Believe the MG data, but not the others ... sure, no surprise.
grin2.gif
----> LINK

lol.gif

Aren't these guys out of business? Whoever wins these particle data wars, congratulations in advance. It's all very important I can see that. Maybe get it in the funeral eulogy. " He was right about oil filters particle efficiency."

So I'm wondering if Blackstone still uses the same PC test method they did back 8~9 years ago? Jim Allen had a post in one of those threads explaining their PC test methodology. Sounds like back then at least they didn't use any kind of actual particle optical counting devices like used in the ISO 4548-12 test. Not sure what Blackstone uses these day to do PC testing.

They are using a laser APC which is calibrated by the manufacturer periodically. This changed in 2016 from the old pore blockage method.

Counts are reported per ISO 4406 cumulatively. Unless requested otherwise by the customer.

They sent me quite a lot of information which I will digest...

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
So I'm wondering if Blackstone still uses the same PC test method they did back 8~9 years ago? Jim Allen had a post in one of those threads explaining their PC test methodology. Sounds like back then at least they didn't use any kind of actual particle optical counting devices like used in the ISO 4548-12 test. Not sure what Blackstone uses these day to do PC testing.

They are using a laser APC which is calibrated by the manufacturer periodically. This changed in 2016 from the old pore blockage method.

Counts are reported per ISO 4406 cumulatively. Unless requested otherwise by the customer.

They sent me quite a lot of information which I will digest...

Thanks for the follow up.

Also, I contacted Patrick0525 (the PCs I show in the graph) and he said those were cartridge filters and that he used a Fumoto drain valve and took the sample ~30 sec after opening the valve. Oil was drained hot about 30 min after shutdown. I'm still a bit suspicious that spin-ons could have some kind of oil leakage past the media going on. Either that, or the way oil is sampled is super critical to how a PC comes out. I wouldn't think it's that sensitive within reason (ie, draining it 5 min vs 30 min after shutdown).

Thanks for the follow up.

Also, I contacted Patrick0525 (the PCs I show in the graph) and he said those were cartridge filters and that he used a Fumoto drain valve and took the sample ~30 sec after opening the valve. Oil was drained hot about 30 min after shutdown. I'm still a bit suspicious that spin-ons could have some kind of oil leakage past the media going on. Either that, or the way oil is sampled is super critical to how a PC comes out. I wouldn't think it's that sensitive within reason (ie, draining it 5 min vs 30 min after shutdown).

You're welcome of course.

I've got no proof, but 30 minutes sounds like too long to me. When I do a sample I have everything ready before the trip, I pull in, turn off, open hood and sample. I doubt it is a full minute.

In other news, no MG test from me. We decided to replace the Civic... so I put a Honda filter on it for the new owner whoever that might be.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Somebody didn't learn much.

I forgive you, kschachn., For your contentious way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back