Micro Guard MGL 3682 (4k miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another of the newer made by Wix MGL with no integral filter bypass for a Nissan application. Second one of this type (no bypass) for a Nissan posted recently. Looks fine.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Another of the newer made by Wix MGL with no integral filter bypass for a Nissan application. Second one of this type (no bypass) for a Nissan posted recently. Looks fine.

Are you sure it does not have the base end bypass? If not, does Nissan use an internal bypass valve?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: sayjac

Are you sure it does not have the base end bypass? If not, does Nissan use an internal bypass valve?

If you go to equivalent manufacturer spec filters look up like Fram for example (which I did before previous post), it shows PSI relief valve setting, NONE, indicating no filter bypass. So yes, I'm sure.

As for engine block bypass, while I haven't seen it personally, similar to GM applications safe to say it does have engine block bypass. Newer Nissan applications use oil filter integral bypass. So this application like the previous MGL posted recently also for Nissan is relatively rare.

Below is the link to the previous MGL for Nissan with no filter integral bypass.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3405956/Micro_Guard_MGL51361#Post3405956

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Tell us about the purple filter cutter- which brand is it ?

its KRC in purple

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Where did you get that filter cutter? I'd like to get something that's a bit easier to use than my dremel.

I got mine from ebay...

Originally Posted By: stang5
its KRC in purple

Thanks.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: stang5
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Where did you get that filter cutter? I'd like to get something that's a bit easier to use than my dremel.

I got mine from ebay...

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back