Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV

And in the dry they drive just like an all-season tire, I cannot tell the difference at all.
Interesting. I have the Xi3’s. They are fine in snow. The most I have been able to try them in is 9” as we haven’t had more than that, and likely I would not drive if it were more.

But they are loud on dry pavement and not good in rain. Maybe it’s been improved on the next/current version.

They are so loud my wife convinced me maybe something is not right with the car. I started to google and could find zero instances of the Lexus LS having rear diff issues, but such existed on the Tundras. I actually convinced myself something may be wrong. Put on the all seasons spring 2017, and sound was gone. Part of the above was because I slapped Xi3’s on within 1 week of buying the car used so genuinely didn’t know the car well, yet. Yes, I would take loud in the interest of driving when there’s deep snow. But I call it as it is. My .02 ymmv

Same here, but it really depends where you live. If i would live in central Europe i would aim more for wet performance levels. Do they sell x ice north 4 in Canada? Those tires are better in extreme winter condition vs the x ice snow

I think they do have the X-Ice North 4, but in fewer available sizes.

Interesting. I have the Xi3’s. They are fine in snow. The most I have been able to try them in is 9” as we haven’t had more than that, and likely I would not drive if it were more.

But they are loud on dry pavement and not good in rain. Maybe it’s been improved on the next/current version.

They are so loud my wife convinced me maybe something is not right with the car. I started to google and could find zero instances of the Lexus LS having rear diff issues, but such existed on the Tundras. I actually convinced myself something may be wrong. Put on the all seasons spring 2017, and sound was gone. Part of the above was because I slapped Xi3’s on within 1 week of buying the car used so genuinely didn’t know the car well, yet. Yes, I would take loud in the interest of driving when there’s deep snow. But I call it as it is. My .02 ymmv

Your experience is so bizarre. I don't notice any noise difference between my winter and summer sets. All the online reviews of the Xi3 said how much they drove like an all-season and how quiet they were compared to other brands of winter tires. Low noise is one of the major design philosophies of Michelin.

Your experience is so bizarre. I don't notice any noise difference between my winter and summer sets. All the online reviews of the Xi3 said how much they drove like an all-season and how quiet they were compared to other brands of winter tires. Low noise is one of the major design philosophies of Michelin.
Can confirm the tires are very quiet for a winter setup. Also have mine on a Lexus. If the radio is completely off, it's noisier than an all-season or summer setup - to be expected. But as soon as the radio is on, I can't hear them. I'd say they are top 2 in noise/comfort next to the VikingContact 7.

Back