Michelin Primacy MXV4 vs Pilot Exalto A/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called Michelin and have a warranty replacement in the works for the Energy MXV4 S8s on my wifes Camry.

The Energys have very poor wet traction.

The guy at Michelin recommended the Primacy MXV4 for a LRR tire with good wet traction. I found that interesting because the Energy MXV4 is a LRR tire with supposed good wet traction.

I asked about a non-LRR tire with an emphasis on wet traction and he recommended the Exalto A/S.

I'd rather give up a couple MPG and keep her car off the guardrail,than go for all out mileage.

I have the Primacy MXV4's, and I'll totally vouch for them in our weather. They've been awesome in the rain.

I used to have Primacy MXV4s on my Accord. I recently replaced them with Pilot Exaltos a few months ago. The Primacies were worn out in about 40k and were starting to dry rot. I had to add air to one about once a week. They worked well when they still had life in them. The Pilot Exaltos are fantastic. I feel extremely confident driving in the rain with them, they're very quiet, handling is great. We'll see how long they last. I noticed no change in fuel economy.

I have 55k on my Michellins and they are all right, I have the same dry rot/loss of air issues with mine...tommorow I will be getting some Bridgestone Ecopias instead

You guys are talking about Primacy MXV4 tires, correct? Not Energy MXV4's? Because I hear MXV4 thrown around on this forum a lot and I don't always believe that they are the Primacy models. A lot of cars (our Accord included) come with Energy MXV4's but they're a completely different animal from the Primacy.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Energy MXV4's but they're a completely different animal from the Primacy.

Thats what I'm hoping. Energys are OEM on the Camry. They suck. I'm considering the Primacys. Either the MXV4 or the MXM4 I came across last night. I believe the MXM4 is a newer tire with newer technology than the MXV4.

I went with the Primacys. Michelin gave me 90% credit,so the Primacys only cost me $17 a piece.

We'll see how they do.

Did you go with the Primacy MXM4 or MXV4? The MXM4 is definitely the superior tire but unfortunately they have not been available for my Prius. So I had to go with the Primacy MXV4. Great handling in the rain and decent grip, but I've been losing about 5% in fuel economy compared to the original tires.

How did you manage to get Michelin to warranty the tires?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Did you go with the Primacy MXM4 or MXV4? The MXM4 is definitely the superior tire but unfortunately they have not been available for my Prius. So I had to go with the Primacy MXV4. Great handling in the rain and decent grip, but I've been losing about 5% in fuel economy compared to the original tires.

How did you manage to get Michelin to warranty the tires?

I went with the MXV4s. The MXM4 isn't offered in the size I needed.

As far as Michelin,I called them yesterday and told them the tires had unacceptable wet traction. I asked what they could do to help me with a different set. They offered to warranty them based on mileage. I just had to have the tires looked over at a dealer of my choice (someone that sold Michelins and wasn't a club store). I could have went with Michelin,BFG,or Uniroyal tires.

I figured they'd give me a decent credit,but I was floored when they offered to pay 90% of the price of the Primacys.

It's very nice for Michelin to pay 90% of one of their better tires to replace OEM tires.

It's possible that they don't want to get into bigger problem if you get into an accident on wet road.

Nice deal. You'll love them! I have both styles on my cars- the MXM4's and MXV4's. The MXM's are more sporty and crisper, the MXV's are better in weather and quieter.

Congrats!

That is a good deal. I have the pilot exaltos on my BMW, and they are a great tire, but not necessarily as stiff as I'd had expected in an H-rated tire, especially coming from falken ziex tires in one size higher aspect ratio.

Cant complain otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back