Michelin Primacy MXV4 for 2011 Honda Oddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
MXV4's are top notch
Just put a set on my '06 Taurus, Hand on heart the best rain/snow performing all season I've had in my life.

Make sure you get the $70 off and or rebate

Great tire. They are what came OE on our '14 Ody. I have no complaints with 10k miles on them. I have had them on a Mazda3 in the past and also liked them in that application.

I'm considering these or Yokohama Envigor again for my accord(summer tires as I have a winter set) if you have any feedback on highway performance, specifically if you get any wandering please advise...
smile.gif

Cheers.

I have them on my 05 Accord and 05 Camry. About 5K on each and they are an excellent tire in wet or dry conditions. I haven't noticed any wandering.

Good tire in my experience.
Should last and should be good in rain and winter conditions.
You get what you pay for and Michelin tires have never failed me over many years on many different vehicles.

The MXV4's are great tires. I am on my 4th set on my various honda's and could not be happier with them. They are easily a 60,000 mile tire. I am currently running the Envigor's on my Rav 4 and would not recommend the tire. They are terrible in winter and wear quickly and very unevenly. Very unimpressed with the Yokahama's.

Yes, the Primacy MXV4 is a GREAT tire. You will not be disappointed. They should easily last 50k
smile.gif

Yes, the Primacy MXV4 and MXM4 tires are really great. Some say that the MXV4s are better in the snow, but after driving on the MXM4s quite a bit this winter, I have to say that Im happy with their performance as well!

I have MXV4's as the 'summer' all-season for my Accord. About 3k on them and they're been very good. Much better than the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring that I went back to Mr. Tire, complained about, and was took back (for the MXV4).

I have 225/60/16H Primacy MXV4 on the Outback. Almost 48,000 miles on them and still have 7/32 tread. Great in the dry, wonderful in the wet, tolerable in winter. Weak in slush and ice, but they are all seasons.

Probably the most comfortable tire I have driven on.

Years ago I use to run MXV4 tires on all 4 wheels, until I got a set with way too much silicon in the rubber, darn thing had terrible traction in the rain. They were so bad in the rain that I had get a set of something else. Shortly after that my sister and her husband bought a new Crown-Vic that came with MXV4 on all 4. I told them about how bad they were in the rain and when they tried to stop and slid all the way through an intersection in the rain, they decided they had to get rid of them and put something else on.

A few years later someone who knew about the bad series of MXV4 tires commented that was only one specific series of the MXV4.

Anyhow that was enough years ago that by now Michelin probably has that problem taken care of, still in all, those bad tires were so bad that I would be very cautious with any MXV4 tires until I had actually done a test stop in the rain.

Michelin sucks at naming tires to tell the lines apart.

The Energy MXV4 were awful. The Primacy MXV4 are wonderful.

I've decided to go with the primacy mxv4 on the elantra. I hear the defenders dont ride as nice or have as good a traction in the rain. Getting them on wed.

IIRC, the OEM tires on our old '99 Accord were Energys.
They really did suck to the point that after taking an exciting sideways trip in the rain one day at about 48K, they had to go.
The tires were still at a little under half tread depth, I wasn't really going that fast and it was fortunately a wide, smooth corner so I didn't slide into anything.
Once was enough, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back