Michelin Premier A/S ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Have you bought these yet? Looking at the Premier for my Camry.

The posts above by FordFocus are showing his actual experience with a set of Premier that he is driving on. Or, I should say, was driving on. He just reported taking them off and mounting winter tires.

At the rate of wear FordFocus is reporting, his set of tires are right on target for the 60k mile tire life the Michelin claims.

I've had a set for about 2 months for an 07 Accord. They are unequivocally the best tires I've ever owned. The tires feel very sticky and handle much better than the Primacy MXM4s they replaced. The power steering feels like it got an extra boost. The car doesn't wander in high winds. Light Snow traction is very good too ; I had trouble getting them to slip. No information on ice or deep snow (none in my area yet) . Wet traction, including salty slush, is the about the same as dry. Tires seems sticky even in colder (12F) weather.

They are quiet in general, but make an odd noise on grooved pavement. Paid about $725 (inc tax, RH, mount) for 215/50R17 size. I am getting another set for our Subaru.

Originally Posted By: NO2
I've had a set for about 2 months for an 07 Accord. They are unequivocally the best tires I've ever owned. The tires feel very sticky and handle much better than the Primacy MXM4s they replaced. The power steering feels like it got an extra boost. The car doesn't wander in high winds. Light Snow traction is very good too ; I had trouble getting them to slip. No information on ice or deep snow (none in my area yet) . Wet traction, including salty slush, is the about the same as dry. Tires seems sticky even in colder (12F) weather.

They are quiet in general, but make an odd noise on grooved pavement. Paid about $725 (inc tax, RH, mount) for 215/50R17 size. I am getting another set for our Subaru.

Thanks for the update. I am closing in on them. one thing is the tread depth.
New depth is 8.5/32. compared to 10 or 11/32.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A%2FS&partnum=16VR6PREAS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=2011&autoModel=Camry&autoModClar=XLE

14awyf4.jpg

Took my premier's off last week still running great.

Thanks for reporting back in.

Mine have less than 10000miles on them.

The Good.
I love their directional stability esp. in high crosswinds.

the sideways drift and steering correction is a small fraction vs the oem yokohama g91f

Wet Traction is amazing

The OK:

Hydroplaning resistance is average.

Mine do get a bad flat-spot overnight but unlike the kumho 4x which also flat-spotted.. It disappears within 1 mile so its not too annoying. The Kumho 4x tended to flatspot and stay square feeling for 3-5miles.

The Bad:

The Mpg took a large hit. I was actually getting better MPG with the yokohama Geolandar AT/S tires(yes not the oem tires).

about 8% loss from the OEM geolandar g91f... or 2 to 2.5mpg I can still hit 30mpg at 60-65mph but before I'd exceed 30 even at 70

Overall I'm happy and I only drive 10000-12000 miles so I prefer superior traction to mpg. If I had to commute 40miles or more daily and drove at least 15000miles a year I'd probably buy a different tire.

The new Premier LTX look interesting as well.

Last edited:
I think it's good to see, in particular, how the tread siping remains all the way down as the tire wears. It looks like the initial tread depth of 8.5/32" may not really be an issue (except on paper).

The Premier LTX is what I'm eyeing for our MDX in another year or so. The Primacy MXV4 have been good, but I'm sure they'll be discontinued before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back