Michelin LTX A/T2

Status
Not open for further replies.
laughable, your only going in to the frame, buy a tough quiet tire like the LTX AT or Defender...my Toyo's are 4 seasons great here in the U.P.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
If you don't go off-road frequently, skip the AT/2 and get the Defender LTX.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by JLTD
That tire is Michelin's off-road version. Supposedly a solid tire, but does not wear quite as well as the LTX Defender.

I believe it's a 10ply design.

I would agree with the comments on skipping out on the Michelin AT if you do any off road driving. The Defender Ltx is a great highway M&S rated tire if you want to stick with Michelin.

I would disagree that the K02 is the best all terrain on the market. They are good but in my opinion and that of many of my customers the General Grabber Atx is just as good with slightly longer tread life and a significantly cheaper price.

I have the Michelin LTX MS2's on my 2002 and they have 71k on them. Rotate very 6k miles and they are just about to the wear bars. Nice and quiet and load range E. Ride isn't that bad but then it is a 2002 Silverado 4x4. Love the tires. Put a set on our Suburban and they did well in the PA snow this past Dec visiting my mom.

Originally Posted by dblshock
also don't overlook tire weight...heavy scorches much more fuel.

So true !ðŸ‘

I had a set of the Michelin LTX m/s on a regular cab long bed Chevy truck. While they were great on road they were very disappointing on wet grass. If there was a dew on the ground I would need to run in 4x4 coming out of hay fields with a steep incline.

Maybe the new Defenders are improved in that area.

Originally Posted by CT Rob
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by JLTD
Came across this thread. Good write up.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/perfect-off-highway-tire-ltx-what.206567/

Sounds like the tire I'm looking for
Gravel roads are about the most off roading I'll do 99% of the time

They hold stones really good.They fling as you drive.Decent tire otherwise

I probably should have said my truck is on payment 99% of the time. Gravel about 1% of its time

Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
If you don't go off-road frequently, skip the AT/2 and get the Defender LTX.

I go off-road quite often and I still recommend the defender ltx.

AT tires are a terrible compromise. Decorative sidewall rubber is NOT a selling point for people who actually use their tires.

Work trucks with HT's do far more "off roading" than all of the hobbyists combined.

It boggles my mind why people buy tires they don't need for the 1 or 2% of their overall mileage that is spent off road.

I prefer to buy tires that provide me with the best performance in the environments in which they are used most often.

Totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back