Michelin Defenders or Symmetry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between the Defenders and Symmetry?..I can get 4 Defenders at Costco for 550 bucks for the 05 Vic [includes everything] at Costco..I pefer dealing with Coscto then the snakes who run all the tire stores in Miami-Dade and Broward County.

Thanks in advance.

The Defenders are far newer tires (released this year in fact), while the Symmetry dates back to the late 1990s. The Defender would/should outperform the Symmetry in every measurable performance metric. Four Defenders for less than $600 installed is a great deal. I'd jump on that in a heart beat.

Symmetry is an OE tire that is decades old.

I wouldn't be considering it at all, when comparing it to the Defender.

I'd use a Goodyear ComforTred Touring before the using the Symmetry.

Defenders.

I just put them on the Camry and they're fantastic.

I went to Coscto this afternoon and put on the Defenders..The car has a lot less tire noise then the Symmetry I had on it..It also seemed to handle better in the afternoon rain today.

I went to the Ford dealer for a alignment after I got the tires..I got a 4 wheel alignment for 60 bucks as I had a coupon from Ford..Ford said the car was barely out of alignment..Decided to change the oil while I was there since I am driving up to Brooklyn N.Y. this weekend..I put in 5w20 Full Synthetic..I am surprised the Ford dealer did not try to upsell me something since my car has 132K miles..They said everything looks good.

Thank you everybody.

Put a set of Hankook H727 on my sons 2011 Sonata and they are very nice. A friend owns a tire store and he sells a lot of brands but he really likes this tire. Great winter traction for an all season tire and a lot of tread. 100K warranty also may help down the road... The Sonata drives very quiet and the steering response is very good.

Seems like a very good tire for a low price.

Last edited:
My 2001 Caddy came with Symmetrys. They are a fine tire for a daily driver. But other posters are right, they are old technology. The Defender is the state of the art tire now. If you want a whitewall, Symmetry ww's are still available in the 225/60-16 size. Otherwise, I think the Defender is the way to go.

I only mentioned the Hankook H727 because I was impressed with the ride and feel of the tires. I do like the Defenders though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back