MetalSlug Motorcraft FL820s 2021 Cut and Open END OF DEBATE ABOUT TEAR ISSUE

What's up with that? Shouldn't be able to make the potting open up like that with some pleat side pressure. That's something not ever seen before it seems.
I was put a lot pressure on the media base to see if it tear . It’s not . I end up put a lot more pressure on the base of the filter where it glue to the metal base and it finally separate . The glue is separate from the metal base . But the filter still attach to the glue . The glue look like green color .

I ask this question before . Show me another filter that have same adbv design on the metal base plate ( old Mobil 1 was ) . Until then I still using mc fl820s for normal 3-5k miles or twice a years for $3.97

this is the only filter that don’t give me start up noise like ANY other filter on my 5.4l 3v . Don’t know why .

I’m also very big fan of wix and it still give me 2 second start up rattle . Fram ultra too . Regular stp seem like help .

Yes, another issue is end cap bonding, many end caps have been seen popped off on Purolator made, end cap poppers. So if you press hard like that and the glue is just resting on the end cap, not bonded, it is going to open up a hole. Thankfully the center tube is the structural element. Wonder when we will see more filter tests by the member here. You can also see the virtual impossibility of the adbv to go over the neck of the inner side baseplate, even if the guts get a little loose. Which hasn’t been shown to happen on these.

I did feel those holes edge on the metal plate . It’s does feel little sharp . Y’all right , that what cut the silicone adbv .

Yes, another issue is end cap bonding, many end caps have been seen popped off on Purolator made, end cap poppers. So if you press hard like that and the glue is just resting on the end cap, not bonded, it is going to open up a hole.
I've handled Purolator made filters that have popped off the metal end caps, and the potting material if very stiff and can't be deformed like in MetalSlug's photo. Just seems strange that a big gap between the potting material and end cap could be opened up by pushing the pleat over. Now I'm wondering if oil pushes a pleat over even slightly that an oil leak path can open up at the end cap - ??.

I finally have time to get the oil change today . It’s just over a month and I already put 4000 miles on it since I travel a lot lately . My goal for this engine was so a few clean up 2000 miles . But anyway I cut the FL820s up and it’s perfect . No tear any where . The adbv still have some very small cut . The filter is perfect . The metal end cap come off cause I was pull the filter really hard .
I saw less sludge and less black crud on the filter compare to last oil change . I will change again in 3000 miles . I put in the new April made FL820s
547DDC22-0010-4754-A661-79BB6E381E4B.jpeg
0948E149-9E34-4D59-980D-5363C7E4B0C6.jpeg
D7041AB3-D91C-4512-8CBC-CB78161B148A.jpeg
4A30CC3E-55BB-4187-9C87-17DBA92708DE.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C57AD0D-D0D4-45FF-BC86-21BA2F31626D.jpeg
    7C57AD0D-D0D4-45FF-BC86-21BA2F31626D.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 5
Good points and since you use them it makes sense to do your own survey. Not sure why the majority of the observers are interested since they never would use these in a million years. Of course I won’t use them as they don’t fit and I talk too. Basically it is a big waste of time and we do it because it is easier than cleaning the house or something harder than this.

Forgot to mention . The filter seem like not wavy like before . The media is solid hard like last one . After next cut at 3000 miles . I will run next run after that to 5000 miles and cut again

Quick Update : Last week I was in a very rush, I need drive back to louisiana for quick emergency, my oil life was at 19% , properly around 3-4k short distant , I know I be driving from tx and LA few time, so I went to walmart and buying some oil for quick oil change, I coulnt find MCFL820s, seem like it always out off stock lately anyway, i dont have time going to another walmart, so I grap the Fram PH2 , go home and doing quick oil change, took off the FL820s, i was going to save it and cut it open, but while i was cleaning i throw it on the trash, i was in a rush so i woulnt think much.

anyway nothing change while using the FL820s, but I did note start up a little noise with Fram PH2, some time it start up smooth, but when its 100+ out side, it start up a little noise, but it go away very quick. Nothing wrong with the Fram PH2, its usually my go to second filter if i cant find the motorcraft and its my go to filter for general oil change. because it easy available at walmart . I will run it full OCI, then switch back to FL820s.

Back