MetalSlug Motorcraft FL820s 2021 Cut and Open END OF DEBATE ABOUT TEAR ISSUE

Quick update . I went and bought a brand new FL820s . Look at date code . Look like it’s feb 2021 . Will cut open tomorrow with a tin nip tool . The cut might not look pretty but I will try not cut the filter lol .

kinda feel not wasted a perfectly filter . But anyway will cut open tomorrow . See how the wavy or adbv cut or any large hole on filter .

look like they keep making this filter fresh according to the date . Look like this filter made last month . This is the new MCfl820s with new beautiful sticker label .
6C6EBD03-8FC5-4C3D-B8BD-5A03B57A5B6F.jpeg

Quick update . I went and bought a brand new FL820s . Look at date code . Look like it’s feb 2021 . Will cut open tomorrow with a tin nip tool . The cut might not look pretty but I will try not cut the filter lol .

kinda feel not wasted a perfectly filter . But anyway will cut open tomorrow . See how the wavy or adbv cut or any large hole on filter .

look like they keep making this filter fresh according to the date . Look like this filter made last month . This is the new MCfl820s with new beautiful sticker label .
View attachment 51461
We may find out if things have improved...thanks.

Pleats will not be wavy or torn ... that happens under use. Some pleats could be wide spaced. Bend the media to see how brittle it is.

Here it’s folk , this my honest opinion and how long I think I should run if I’m using this filter . First of all . That tin nip tool did a great job cutting it , nice clean cut .

anyway back to the filter . There is few pro and con on my first impression . Even it’s my most favore oil filter of all time and I LOVE motorcraft on all my Ford I still give my honest opinion . I tell how it’s , that how I am in life .

con : the silicone ADBV have 3 cut on same spot I seen before on old one . Idk if the metal base got cramp it down hard or it’s just poor quality . I will cut more other brand adbv and compare later on

I went straight inspect the common spot on the media where it scrimp together , where both end of media glue together , there no hole or tear , BUT ITS VERY WIMPSY LOOSY when I Move left and right , it’s very loose , compare to few next media . But I try tear it it won’t tear only it relocate the glue from the metal base . They need clam both end of this filter with some kind of metal like some filter I seen .
I would run 3-4K OCI on this filter or every 5 month . I’m not happy with both end of filter glue together. They should glue tougher with a metal or aluminum type . My other filter I cut last week where they glue both end together is very solid and hard . This new one is kinda feel we

PRO : THE METAL BASE PLATE IS HEAVY !!! Idk what they did to this one but the metal base plate feel really heavy compare to last one I cut , this new one feel more weight .

over all I think it’s still a good filter for under $4 and if you own a Ford Using motorcraft filter is no brainer . But for this fl820s . I would do short oil change 3-4-5k oil change that about it ..

I WILL CUT FRAM ORANGE CAN AND A SUPER TECH cross part number of the fl820s To see what their 10k miles or 20k miles filter feel like compare to this one . All filter I’m cutting is my very first impression so I tell how it’s . Stay tune

B20EE153-11C5-452A-B4CD-9C1BB22A5555.jpeg
47B3D24F-B7A6-43B3-9740-9E03600B1060.jpeg
677D3B01-8B06-446E-A1AE-A764775FC8DC.jpeg
47B3D24F-B7A6-43B3-9740-9E03600B1060.jpeg
B20EE153-11C5-452A-B4CD-9C1BB22A5555.jpeg
677D3B01-8B06-446E-A1AE-A764775FC8DC.jpeg
30A8989B-2D84-4EDF-989D-02D6426D23F9.jpeg
7275DA50-95AE-4EBF-9302-907DEA6F86CD.jpeg

Last edited:
I think those cut from the silicone adbv is from those holes on the metal plate . I note the imprint of those hole on the adbv silicone . Mabe it’s little to sharp .

If they tumbled that base plate some, things might improve.
Still needs more pleats.
Agree . It’s still a good filter for short oil change 3-5k miles . Not for 7k+ miles oil filter for sure .

for the under $4 filter . It does it job .

I wouldn't suggest using these for short intervals even. It's defective out of the box. Better filters for the money. Up here they want about $12 for these... You can get a Fram Ultra for the same price here. No comparison. It seems that they all have these slices in the adbv and weak brittle filter media which is prone to tear, especially up here where we have cold weather and the delta p across the media will exploit it's weakness.

I think those cut from the silicone adbv is from those holes on the metal plate . I note the imprint of those hole on the adbv silicone . Mabe it’s little to sharp .
Yes, the sharp base plate hole edges cut into the ADBV. Seen it many times with C&Ps.

What's up with that? Shouldn't be able to make the potting open up like that with some pleat side pressure. That's something not ever seen before it seems.
Pretty slick if you ask me.
When put under pressure the media
can ride out a tear because the flex rides the oil wave instead of standing stiff and fighting it.
That's the new fix...
Nuts....

Back