Metal in the trans fluid

It’s not that much material, I’m not worried about the filter being plugged. Besides, the size of the particles that gives the fluid a sheen are not caught by the filter anyway - trans filters are not like an engine oil filter, they’re jsut a glorified strainer.
I know how a transmission filter works. I've seen them plugged up too. If it's running fine and shifting good, and you changed the fluid a few times and feel confident then leave it alone. That's what I'd be doing.

It was only locked because I reused a faulty control solenoid, it’s working perfectly now with a new one installed. Drives really really well!

The amount of sheen is such when the fluid is draining it looks perfect, it’s only when I get a couple of litres in the pan and get the light on the right angle that I can see the ultra fine particles in it.
No what I meant is that it is locking up now because you fixed a part. But if whatever had to engage isn’t fully replaced, then it may be weaker and fail in time.

No what I meant is that it is locking up now because you fixed a part. But if whatever had to engage isn’t fully replaced, then it may be weaker and fail in time.
Oh right. Yes, I expect the lockup clutch is now heavily worn. So there is a high chance it wont last long.

But, a lockup clutch doesn't really wear that much, so if its "ok" now it may yet go for some time. Time will tell!

The ECU will quickly note any discrepancies between crank speed and input staff speed and throw a fault code if it does slip.

Back