MervoTech Chinese made fake parts

When searching for Mervotech online the first hit is this, quoted from this very website:
"Mevotech TTX are really good aftermarket parts, very high quality. Mevotech Supreme is near OEM level"

Hits from Amazon and other sites talk about how MervoTech is so AMAZING.

It looks like when there is an excessive amount of adjectives and promotion for a certain brand name that's an indication that that brand names quality has fallen severely.

My experience with Mervotech Supreme upper control arms is that they did not last a year-and-a-half nor 10000 km, that is 6000 miles, before the rubber seals protecting the ball joints completely failed and one ball joint is already loose.

And this is in a light-duty vehicle, a 2011 Ranger 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive, driven on pavement only.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues with Mervotech parts?

A good saying when it comes to replacement parts is "Pay the price or do it twice."

I put a Mevotech upper control arm on my brother in law's car because he just wanted to limp it along until he bought something newer. It held on for ~18 months, but it definitely had the offshore stank to it.

The only time I installed a set of Mevotech lower control arms the ball joint failed on the drivers side after less than a year. The best part was the old OE control arms had worm bushings but perfectly good ballpoints.

On my Cruze Diesel, I had the sway bar links and bushings, rear z-link (bell crank) bushing along with a pair of camber bolts replaced all with Mevotech Supreme parts a couple years ago. Only brand I could find that made everything I needed as I wanted them to be consistent. So far so good, looked to be of decent quality, better than AcDelco too. Maybe I got lucky.

They aren’t what they used to be. I have a friend who just installed some Mevotech Tie Rod ends on his 1998 Ford F-150 and I am waiting to see how they do. I told him not to get them but the guy at the parts store said they were “second best with Moog being first”. And yes did you mean to put Mervotech instead of Mevotech? Because you have both typed up.

Just to be clear, there's no such thing as Mervotech parts. When searching for "Mervotech", Google asks "Did you mean: Mevotech" and all the results for Mervotech have nothing to do with auto parts.

I put a Mevotech Titan hub assy into the RF of my '11 Tahoe, RA had a good deal last year but now they no longer list them.
OEM lasted only 80k miles, best Moog only went 30k so I rolled the dice on the Mevo. I've had Timken not last on FWD cars in the past.
It's all imported stuff no matter the brand but we'll see how long the Mevo lasts. At least the Chevy's are easy to swap without having to split ball joints

I put a Mevotech Titan hub assy into the RF of my '11 Tahoe, RA had a good deal last year but now they no longer list them.
OEM lasted only 80k miles, best Moog only went 30k so I rolled the dice on the Mevo. I've had Timken not last on FWD cars in the past.
It's all imported stuff no matter the brand but we'll see how long the Mevo lasts. At least the Chevy's are easy to swap without having to split ball joints
Any news on that Titan Hub assembly? Time flies!

Back