Mercruiser 4.3l oil

Yes Electric Boat is still in Groton Ct, used to pass it on the ferry on the way to RI for Boy Scout Camp.
The CG station is still in Eaton's Neck and on the marine weather radio you do get reports for winds, etc from there and various other locations.
We go to Sore Thumb and Democrat Point on Fire Island. This is at Sore Thumb facing Democrat Pt. I use this Jeep (07 Grand Limited with 5.7 Hemi) our first one (98 Grand 4.0 six) and my son brings his '17 Wrangler there often.
Jeep Hemi on the beach 5-2021.jpg

Yes Electric Boat is still in Groton Ct, used to pass it on the ferry on the way to RI for Boy Scout Camp.
The CG station is still in Eaton's Neck and on the marine weather radio you do get reports for winds, etc from there and various other locations.
We go to Sore Thumb and Democrat Point on Fire Island. This is at Sore Thumb facing Democrat Pt. I use this Jeep (07 Grand Limited with 5.7 Hemi) our first one (98 Grand 4.0 six) and my son brings his '17 Wrangler there often.
View attachment 122404
Very cool, Electric Boat and the Coast Guard station at Eatons Neck.
There used to be a Coast Guard station at Gilgo beach which was eventually abandoned and then like a decade later torn down, the big granite boulders I believe is still on the beach that used to protect the Coast Guard station from the ocean.
When we were teenagers before we drove my friends parents would drive us down there and drop us off with our surfboards.

Now I believe the Fire Island Coast Guard station and I assume the Short Beach Coast Guard station is still there on Jones Inlet.

^^^^ awesome photo ^^^^
Not much left in NY that I like but when it comes to the beaches, bays, sound and ocean there in nothing else like it and spending 40 years of my life there truly was an experience I wouldn’t trade for anything.
I feel very fortunate to grow up there and with the friends and experiences we had.

Small world and truck looks awesome there.
I’ll admit sometimes when I do reminisce and talk to people that are still there I miss those times for sure.

A childhood best friend still lives there I’ve known him since kindergarten. He now lives in East Northport but boats on the south shore, still takes trips to Fire Island.
He’s a bit of a boat enthusiast, has restored a vintage Fiberglass boat by purchasing two of them for the best parts. You also has a modern day 28 foot SeaRay.
He was always the one with the 4 Wheel Drive that we took to the beaches and I think he still does.

Last edited:
Back