Memory Compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchase a Hp quad core Comp. & want to add memory to it.
The Comp. currently has 4 gig of:pC3-10600 DDR3 and I would like to know if I can add a 2gig stick of:pC3-10700 DDR3 memory without ang conflicy?

Thanks!!

Memory compatibility? Generally speaking, no it isn't. I find my memory is often not compatible with other posters around this site.

Make sure you know how many memory slots are in the PC before buying more memory. If all the slots are full 2GB more won't do you any good.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
Make sure you know how many memory slots are in the PC before buying more memory. If all the slots are full 2GB more won't do you any good.

The board can handle up to 16GB and I only have 4GB in there now. Each slot can handle either 2 or 4 GB of ram. I ordered the memory as I can only guess & hope.

My point is how many slots does it have and are they already full. If you only have 2 slots available and each is filled with a 2GB module, then another 2GB will not do you any good because you don't have a slot to put it in.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
My point is how many slots does it have and are they already full. If you only have 2 slots available and each is filled with a 2GB module, then another 2GB will not do you any good because you don't have a slot to put it in.

The board has 4 slots of which 2 are filled..each with 2GB of ram.

Check HP's website for the motherboard spec sheet.
What you need to know
1 can the board down clock ram
2 voltage of ram slots
3 rare but some boards require low density ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back