Meguiar's Mirror Bright Polishing Wax

Came across this wax at Ollie's for $3.99, so I thought I would try it out.

This wax comes in both liquid and paste wax forms. Chatted with Meguiar's and they stated that there is no difference in the formulations.

My impression is that Meguiar's wants to duplicate the "old school" waxing experience with this product. This is a cleaner wax, that claims to polish.

The paste wax is not what I would call a traditional paste wax. It is more like a very thick lotion.

I applied the wax to my 2018 SFS, with pearlescent white paint in like new condition. Temp was 65 deg and humid. Pre-wax prep included cleaning and polishing.

I like how the paste wax applied, using a sponge applicator. It was easy to control how much wax went on the applicator and was easy to work into the paint. No mess on the garage floor.

Let it cure for 30 minutes.

Removal using microfiber towels required moderate effort, and provided a really nice shine. There was a little white powder residue, that was easy to manage.

Did have that "old school" feel of removing traditional paste wax. I liked the experience.

However, like traditional waxes, can only be using on smooth paint. Not to be used on textured surfaces. So, I had to apply Collinite to those surfaces.

I like the wax, but there is nothing really outstanding about it, except possibly the nestalgia angle.

I stocked up on tons of different waxes.. and now sealants seem to provide much more ease in application. I might wax my car twice a year these days (more often before) but I like the ease of coatings better, much faster and less work, although i find waxes add more shine.

I have no doubt that sealants are the way to go.

HOWEVER, there are people who like the tactile feel of polishing and waxing their cars.

I seem to fall into that category...

Back