Apply polishes in between waxing, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:

I was wondering if one could apply a pure polish and or general glaze, in between washes, and waxing. In other words, if a recent application of synthetic and or caranuba wax was applied, could I apply say a good application of polish (Meguiars #7 or Mothers gold glaze/DG 111)? The Duragloss 111 pure polish/sealant, states that one could continuously apply it without the fear of buildup? Does this apply for Meg #7 or Mothers glaze? I figure the swirls and or minor blemishes/scratches, would be kept to a bare minimum, if one were to apply polish/glaze more reguarly. Or on the flip side, would any of the aforementioned polishes just sit on top of the wax, and not really be a direct and or immediate benefit to the paint, whereas the wax is the protective barrier? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Last edited:
I would assume that it would make the paint look better briefly until it rained or you washed again. Unless you haven't waxed in a while then it may stay a bit longer. But remember, wax is always a last step product.

A good spray Detailer would probably be your best bet to maintain the paint between washes
thumbsup2.gif

And for spray detailers I would recommend Meguiars Quik Detailer. It works great, as long as your car has wax on it still, otherwise it just streaks.

Glazes will have light filling ability but will build up to an extent with multiple applications. They work best when topped with a wax instead of multiple layers of glaze.

Duragloss 111 is a sealant (not a glaze or wax) that has very light cleaning ability, so it sort of removes a little bit of product when applying a fresh coat.

Yes, the glaze will sit on the paint and hide some of your paint defects. But it will evaporate/wash off quickly without some wax protection on top of it.

You can glaze then wax, then touch up with wax until you need another shot of glaze, then wax..... but you will have to strip it all off eventually if you want your paint to look its best.

polish will remove any wax and leave your paint unprotected. polish will be more effective on a clean surface.

wash, polish, wax... detail
repeat.

love to detail the car? then:

wash, clay, polish, polish, seal, wax, wax.... detail
repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back