Meguiars Hyper Dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyper Dressing has been a staple in my supplies for almost as long as it has been available. Very good product and has never let me down and thankfully not like the greasy silicone dressings that many desire for ultra shine....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FastEddie
Hyper Dressing has been a staple in my supplies for almost as long as it has been available. Very good product and has never let me down and thankfully not like the greasy silicone dressings that many desire for ultra shine....

People that say it's sticky are using it in a much higher concertation. I use it at 5:1 and it leaves a nice matte finish.
thumbsup2.gif

This pic shows HD @ 15:1. Looks great. A gallon of HD will go A LONG way if you diluted. Much more economical than 303.

[Linked Image]

Hyper Dressing has it's place.....people have seem to have forgotten about 'ArmourAll'.....what junk that was/is.

From an older post:

"All of the thin milky protectants are just a PDMS (silicone) solution that is the active ingredient nothing else. Hence why as far as ingredients go none other are listed in the MSDS.

Some add scents, some add extra surfactant, and some add lots of water. Some being more than others. Armor all is about 20-30% PDMS, leading to high shine if applied directly to plastics but I will say heavy applications will protect more. The much vaunted Aerospace 303 if you read the MSDS is between 1-5% PDMS, the rest is water. So you're paying $16 for 16 ounces of a product that's 95-99% water. I'll buy the 16 ounce Armor All for $5 and water it down 5 to 1 and have more than half a gallon of protectant equal to Aerospace 303.

But the active ingredient is PDMS, that's the actual protectant that does all the UV protection. Aerospace 303 isn't anything special, what they've managed to do is convince people to pay a lot of money for essentially watered down Armor All. I'm not making this up either.

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/detail-shop/25914-303-protectant-vs-armor-all.html

There's a guy, Mike-in-Orange, who actually works for Meguiars. And he also pretty much confirms all the plastic protectants are just silicone emulsions. PDMS dissolved in water.

Mineral oil on top of being greasy does not provide UV protection, it's just a light oil composed of hydrocarbons. In fact it likely makes UV absorption worse. It's actually used in tanning salons because the thin layer of oil reflects light back in and enhances tanning because it doesn't absorb the UV.

Silicon by nature absorbs the UV. You don't need to add other types of UV protectant because it's the silicone that does the UV protection. You can buy 100% silicone spray, electricians use it to protect electrical equipment from UV too and is also used by people to protect rubber seals, same as your everyday protectants like Armor All.

So my suggestion is simply get Armor All and water it down 5 to 1, you'll get the protection of Aerospace 303 and it'll really stretch it out to be more economical than even mineral oil. And will actually protect plastics, mineral oil won't."

Originally Posted by buster
6 days later. Still looking good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by buster
LOL

I found out today that you can use Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine in the engine.

Ah! The good old 4.0 V6. I'm not an engine aficionado like some on this site but it is one of my favorite engines. We're on our second one now. Just plain darn reliable. It has taken every brand of oil I've thrown at it with a smile and kept on "truckin". I also just bought a bottle of the TW Seal and Shine. Gonna give it a try on my son's new Tacoma tomorrow if the weather is nice. How are you liking your Frontier after these past few months?

I really like it. The only complaint I have is it drinks gas like a big V8.

I like the low end torque, the overall size of the truck (which isn't too big), the rear locking differential and seat position. It's a dated truck but still does the job. I've heard a lot of good things about the 4.0 too. So far so good. It does very well off road too.

I'm currently running Rotella Gas Truck in it. No noticeable oil loss after 2,500 miles on the oil.

Seal N Shine is great. I definitely recommend it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back