Meguiars Exterior Trim Detailer Coating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sprayed this stuff on exterior trim (non-painted surfaces) yesterday, mine & wife's SUV. The trim I have is gray, and her SUV its black. Both had some areas that had that faded or chalky look.
This stuff made it look really good - just spray and walk away. Today (rained last night and today) it still looks fresh.

Anybody use this stuff? If so, how long does it generally last?

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I sprayed this stuff on exterior trim (non-painted surfaces) yesterday, mine & wife's SUV. The trim I have is gray, and her SUV its black. Both had some areas that had that faded or chalky look.
This stuff made it look really good - just spray and walk away. Today (rained last night and today) it still looks fresh.

Anybody use this stuff? If so, how long does it generally last?

If you keep using it, the product will recondition the parts (unless they are too far gone). Typically in a month with small spurts of rain, the product works well for three weeks IME.

I picked up a couple cans last week at PEP Boys. I almost didn't see it - the one I went to, they had it on the bottom shelf near floor level. The cans are mostly black in color. I saw it was a Meguiars product and had just picked one up just to see what it was about, and some fella walked by me and said "That's really good stuff". He kept walking so that's all I got from him. So I brought home a couple cans and tried it yesterday. So far I'm impressed with it. The trim looks better than ever, and I also hit the black plastic grill on my SUV. It just seems to easy and so fast - my arm didn't feel broken with all the rubbing products I tried in the past. It as easy as spray painting from a can with clear.

I like using it on cowls, it gets into all of the little spaces where I can't get to with my regular protectant on an applicator pad or towel, and on large pieces like running/step boards (of course, wiping it down after a bit to get rid of the slickness).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back