Medicine from China

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have a problem with it. The FDA is severely understaffed and relies mainly on self-reported data. Too many instances of problems with Chinese food and health products. I personally tested Tylenol and another generic store brand and the store brand did not meet USP specifications but was still on the market. To save a couple bucks on a bottle of Tylenol just isn't worth it. And even USP testing will not guaranteed the lack of contaminants.

Thanks guys. I'm going to take it back and object to it being from China. Got a bottle of Ibuprofen and it doesn't say where it is made. Been using Equate's Ibuprofen for some time.
I know a lot of bulk drugs come from China but they are tested by the US companies that use them. People on the ground in China is the key to getting something decent.
I don't give my dog stuff from China so why would I take it!

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
After 81 people died from chinese made heparin I avoid food or medicine that is sourced there.

Spooky for me as I have to take heparin before & after surgical procedures instead of Eliquis (previously Warfarin) for my blood disorder, and I've never seen the label on anything supplied by a hospital that the hospital administered to me. It's all a roll of the dice these days as to who gets struck by this stuff.

We've had bad enough policing programs at home such as the moldy steroids being manufactured next door to a recycling center (trash processor) that was big news 5 or 6 years ago, with made-up names like Mickey Mouse, Beavis & Butthead, etc. on the books.

I'm an outdoor cooking enthusiast and KMart was selling charcoal briquets made in China 10 or so years ago at a very low price. None of us on the BBQ board like this one I was active on would try those, we surmised there would be no checks there against using chemically treated lumber and who knows what types of wood as well as nasty mineral coal in their makeup. I saw a bag that was busted open and those charcoal briquets glittered, obviously using sand & clay as filler & binder so I doubt they had very good heating value anyway, but people bought them.

You have to check the label on everything these days.

Originally Posted By: Al
Nothing that enters my body will ever ever come frome China..Period.,
I have beento drug manufactures and vitamin companies and there were drums of stuff for the drug and vitamin manufacture that was labled product of China, Mexico, India and probably other places . The time period was the middle 1990s .The Vitimins were an expensive brand.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
China can make ANYTHING...and they can do it as well or as poorly as you are prepared to pay, and have your own inspections of their facilities in real time.
People like the cheap.

Which means they can and will make it as cheaply as they can get away with. Inspect all you want, it won't be sufficicent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlayman
Which means they can and will make it as cheaply as they can get away with. Inspect all you want, it won't be sufficicent.

You have to build the quality in...not test quality in.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
This prompted me to look at the generic enoxaparin I have on hand, it was manufactured in Italy.

But that doesn’t mean that is where the active pharmaceutical ingredient is from.

Years ago during the unfractionated heparin contamination debacle, China was the main source of the active pharmaceutical ingredient....even for products manufactured in other countries.

I have bottles of the Walmart acetaminophen and ibuprofen. There is no marking of where it was made.

Quote:
Distributed by Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Bentonville, AR 72716
** This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Tylenol(tm) Caplets

You guys make it seem Chinese products are uniformly bad. One can expect to have fraudulent products in China as much as you would expect it to happen here, too.

Why do you think the cornerstone of our consumerism is Caveat Emptor?

Originally Posted By: mk378
I have bottles of the Walmart acetaminophen and ibuprofen. There is no marking of where it was made.

Quote:
Distributed by Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Bentonville, AR 72716
** This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, distributor of Tylenol(tm) Caplets

I took it back yesterday and looked at the other bottles on the shelf. Other bottles that expired in 2019 had no country of origin on the label. The newer ones that expire in 2020 said "Product of China" on them. My ibuprofen has no country of origin on it. Can't help but wonder what the rules are about Countries of Origin on the label.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
You guys make it seem Chinese products are uniformly bad. One can expect to have fraudulent products in China as much as you would expect it to happen here, too.

Maybe not but the liklihood is higher. Enjoy your Chinese Meds.
I can afford to bypass them

Last edited:
You guys make it seem Chinese products are uniformly bad. One can expect to have fraudulent products in China much more often than you would expect it to happen here.

Why do you think the cornerstone of our consumerism is Caveat Emptor?

There. Fixed it for you.

Originally Posted By: Al

Maybe not but the liklihood is higher. Enjoy your Chinese Meds.
I can afford to bypass them

How do you know you're bypassing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back