McDonalds switching to fresh beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for you McDonalds lovers.
55.gif
55.gif

McDonalds is switching to unfrozen beef for customers wanting (demanding) better tasting burgers... slso to bring back customers from Wendy's and Five Guys that enjoy fresh beef.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...m=.b4aeecd8237e

Wendys doesn't taste like it did when I was younger.. They WERE hot and juicy. Now they taste like Horse.

I worry more about handling and shipping of non frozen meat. The stuff has so many salts and flavorings does it matter?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Wendys doesn't taste like it did when I was younger.. They WERE hot and juicy. Now they taste like Horse.

I worry more about handling and shipping of non frozen meat. The stuff has so many salts and flavorings does it matter?

Yeah it has a slightly sour taste to it.

Let us know if you can tell the difference. Been years since I ate their burgers.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
kinda makes me wonder what I have been eating for the past 25 years

It is far safer to transport raw meat or fish in a frozen state than fresh. I'm not sure this is an "upgrade" or not.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Great news for you McDonalds lovers.
55.gif
55.gif

McDonalds is switching to unfrozen beef for customers wanting (demanding) better tasting burgers... slso to bring back customers from Wendy's and Five Guys that enjoy fresh beef.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...m=.b4aeecd8237e

Who would be foolish enough to mistake anything from McDonald's as food-no matter what gimmicks they try?

Found that out last month. Had not been in a Wendy's for years. Nothing like I remember. $8 for a basic lunch, yuck.

I buy, I cook, I am subject to schedules.

I exercise, I drink carrot juice, I drink alcohol, I even eat "fast food" sometimes.

Moderation in all things.

I will discount any business move made by any fast food place or car company.

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
kinda makes me wonder what I have been eating for the past 25 years

It is far safer to transport raw meat or fish in a frozen state than fresh. I'm not sure this is an "upgrade" or not.

It would be considered an upgrade. Also, its not that much safer to ship frozen. Just because it is fresh does not mean it has not been treated. Most of these meats have been gassed with CO2, ammonia, citric acid or CO to kill and inhibit bacteria growth. Freezing the meat will degrade the quality, especially if its had a few freeze/thaw cycles. The key is specific refrigeration temprature with combination of the selected gas. Different strokes for different folks. I personally grind my own beef as much as possible and buy from a local locker.

Of all the fast food burger joints, my favorite burger is the Quarter Pounder. No taste issues for me.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Let us know if you can tell the difference.

His wallet will probably be able to tell the difference.

The drive thru has ruined most fast food restaurants. In order to speed up service, the meat is pre-cooked and held in humidified warming trays for up to 20+ minutes. During this time the meat continues to "cook" letting juices out. The end result after 10 minutes or less is a drier, luke warm patty. Switching to fresh meat will allow the patties to be cooked faster which should cut down on the need for meat to sit in warming bins for way to long. As is anything it will be up to the people working whether they implement it properly. A fresh patty sitting in the warming tray for 20 minutes will be luke warm, drier junk..as it is now. Until they get back to near off the grill on to the bun and to the customer...will their quality and customers response to their burgers turn more positive.

I prefer horse to beef, maybe that's why I like it so much.

All this meat sees more chemical treatment than the inside of a engine, and is probably going to go through more so that the profits don't take a hit.

I've been saying for years that McDonalds would make a killing if it went retro and made everything like it used to be made. I never hear anyone talk about how their new stuff is any good, but plenty of people reminisce about the old days of the real big Mac.

But once anything gets big and corporate, it loses its soul.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

I feel the same way. I don't have a problem making burgers from frozen beef at home.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
The drive thru has ruined most fast food restaurants. In order to speed up service, the meat is pre-cooked and held in humidified warming trays for up to 20+ minutes. During this time the meat continues to "cook" letting juices out. The end result after 10 minutes or less is a drier, luke warm patty. Switching to fresh meat will allow the patties to be cooked faster which should cut down on the need for meat to sit in warming bins for way to long. As is anything it will be up to the people working whether they implement it properly. A fresh patty sitting in the warming tray for 20 minutes will be luke warm, drier junk..as it is now. Until they get back to near off the grill on to the bun and to the customer...will their quality and customers response to their burgers turn more positive.

That is pretty funny as fast food originally meant I walk in & pick what they have cooked & ready to be eaten right then. Any wait at all means its not fast food just quicker than normal food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back