Mazda 3 Racing Beat Exhaust: Review

Cat-back exhaust systems don't generally make much difference in power/torque/efficiency on modern cars, as they are usually well optimized from the factory. And they can be obnoxiously loud both inside & outside the car. The Racing Beat exhaust for the 2014+ Mazda 3 is an exception on both counts. Normal driving around town, you can hardly hear the difference from stock - it's quiet and tame. When you apply WOT and run it up, it's a bit throatier from 3k on up, but it's not much louder, just a lower more pleasing tone quality. It's a subtle aftermarket exhaust system for adults.

On the performance side, Racing Beat publishes before/after comparison dyno runs that show marginal gains throughout the RPM range. Too small to feel any difference, but at least it's on the positive side. Since the gains come from increasing volumetric efficiency, it should have a corresponding minor boost to fuel economy.
1665788489806.png

Installation took 45 mins from start to finish including jacking up the car. Just 2 bolts (the OEM bolts weren't frozen even though my car has 46000 miles) and 4 rubber hanger mounts. It comes with new bolts, nuts, washers, and exhaust pipe gasket. It fits & hangs perfectly in position, no tweaking needed. Its fit & finish is better than OEM quality.

RB has always made pretty decent stuff. Used some of their stuff back in my Miata days and always had good experiences with it.

Racing Beat is top quality aftermarket. It is very OEM+, in my opinion.
Congrats on the new pipe! Hope it adds some enjoyment to your Tres!

Yes Racing Beat is high quality stuff. I installed Racing Beat springs last year, +20% rates all around, with Koni yellow shocks and a stiffer rear swaybar. So it handles better than stock with more responsive turn-in and less understeer.

I have installed Gibson cat back single exhaust systems on three of my vehicles and have had the same results as your RB system with the exception I CAN feel the difference.
EDIT: The Ranger has Gibson shorty headers which, also, made an improvement.

It's a 2014 that I bought in Dec 2013.
Years ago I was an avid SCCA autocrosser, so I set it up as if I were going to do that again. The 3 is a fun car to begin with and a few simple mods increases the fun.
Same here. I had my first child in 2020 and my second back in May of this year. Haven't seen much seat time since the kids showed up. That said, the addiction hasn't subsided. I plan to do shocks, struts, and M3 front control arms on my 328i soon.

It's why I took interest in your post, too. I've always been a fan of Mazda's, and even have some cone time in a 2011 Mazda 3. I really enjoyed that car, too. Much more than I thought I would.

I'll quit flapping my gums, but not before I encourage you to get back out there. Going to try to do the same, myself.

I have this same exhaust on my 18 Mazda 3 hatch 2.5. In fact this was my first modification and performed at around 10k miles. I have racing beat set ups on two of my cars, both of which were decided on after using a different exhaust that had more drone. They make quality stuff and somehow sound absolutely fantastic while not being harsh. I recommend their parts left and right, but many people want something more harsh and regret it a few months down the road.

Back