Mazda 3 just reached 300,000 miles

Attachments

• IMG-4479.JPG
    IMG-4479.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 136
I've used chrome polish on foggy headlights with some improvement.
Heard that aluminum polish works well also. Elbow grease involved however.

My 2¢

Change nothing oil wise. If it's seaping oil, maybe consider the HM oil in the same weight.

Get a headlight on eBay and take care of the suspension.

The suspension makes some clunks in the rear occasionally but I think it might be the sway bar and the end links. Still solid.
My old Mazda 5 developed a clunking noise in the rear at about 105K -- turned out to be a defective strut. Further inspection showed that all the struts were starting to show signs of wear, so replaced both front and rear with Bilsteins. No further issues after that, and it did tighten up the ride quite a bit.

You can buff the headlight lenses with toothpaste and a terry cloth if I'm not mistaken.
Look it up on youtube. It's so easy to do, unless the lens is broken and then I'd replace the lens.
You can get a lens restoration kit for about $10.

They don't make a 300k high mileage oil, only 75k and 150k so you're out of luck for now, you'll just have to keep using what you have been. But next should be 225k and then 300k.

They don't make a 300k high mileage oil, only 75k and 150k so you're out of luck for now, you'll just have to keep using what you have been. But next should be 225k and then 300k.
LOL well aren't we just missing the whole market. Now that you've mentioned it watch for it in the near future. 🍿

Im not so sure you should be asking for advice, you have a vehicle with 300,000 miles on it, you should be giving advice :eek:)

I get that with the paint care, except for the upscale vehicles (ex. BMW) paint on vehicles is razor thin water color and they dont give you much forgiveness in regarding to keeping a layer of wax/sealant on them.

Did I miss where OP said what year/model/trim AT/MT?
Yes you did; first post, second paragraph: "My Mazda 3 now has over 300,000 miles and I'm just wondering what can I do to keep it going. I honestly did not think about reaching this much mileage but here it is. It's a 2008 model with the 2.0 and it's doing really well. "
No Mention of AT or MT till later on. I don't recall trim level.

That has the Ford 2.0 engine great engine
I have that in my New Ecosport. I though they only put in the tiny 1.0 litre 3cyl turbo !
Love the Mazda/Ford engine. High compression, Short stroke, hot cams, tubular stainless headers. 166HP.
This kind of sporty" motor is going way or gone due to fuel milage and emissions
I am up to 23mpg ave. Pretty abysmal for a tiny Subcompact CUV. the D.I. seems to overfuel. Dip into the throttle just a tiny bit and its 7-11 mpg on the DIC readout. Would be a great engine in a Miata - and I think it was.

My daughter had an 06 3i 2.0L auto(sold in 2018) that made it to 170K before the rust just got too bad to keep the car any longer. She now has the 15 Civic in my signature.

Back